Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living the dream...at last!
hi

regarding your pillars, i am a structural engineer if you want advice.

shifting them around is ok, make sure nothing is sitting on top (beam etc).

may also be able to remove and bolt a steel post, say 90x90 to concrete slab and ceiling (joists?), and bolts at say 600 ctrs to wall (M10 resin).

Would this help?
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Dave is indeed in Norfolk although he sold his car to the London chap (sorry, forgot your name) who changed the plate to Nemesis.

My car will be sorted shortly and I am really looking forward to driving it without a ruptured radiator (the new one will not corrode) and slipping clutch. 27k on the original 26 year old clutch isn't bad going. While the clutch is being done the gearbox is being overhauled to ensure it is in A1 condition. The rubbers for the linkages etc are also all being done so I have a quiet, slick change as it was getting a little notchy.

The horns currently sound like an asthmatic Disney character so to compliment the Italian designer who crafted the shape of the DeLorean I am going for twin tone Italian air horns which will sound amazing and sound exotic! 8)

When UIJ returns I am sure it is the only KNOWN DeLorean in Buckinghamshire! In fact the only county next door that has some is Hertfordshire where we have at least 3 members that I can think of - Rich J and his Twin Turbo, Chris and Suzi and their unique Stage 2 plus Stuart N. with his Stage 2!
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Hi Carl, i'm very glad you got home OK, you did say you'd phone to say you'd arrived safely!
Its a very special car you have there. Lots of history, never been out of the UK, Dave Howarth will give you chapter and verse. It is rather like your namesake, Alan's car. Both have been badly treated, low milage, had loads of work done on them, not always improving them. Now, happily they have landed with caring owners who have/will sort them out finally. You will need to slowly go through the car and check everything.
Look forward to seeing it at Euro-Tech 08 and you at the NEC, bring lots of photo's. Best regards. Chrispy
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Congratulations Carl and Alex on your new purchase!!!!! Big Grin It is a nice looking car and im sure your gonna give it all the t.l.c it deserves.

Take care and see ya soon

Kelv and stace
Kelvin Tan
When UIJ returns I am sure it is the only KNOWN DeLorean in Buckinghamshire! In fact the only county next door that has some is Hertfordshire where we have at least 3 members that I can think of - Rich J and his Twin Turbo, Chris and Suzi and their unique Stage 2 plus Stuart N. with his Stage 2!

What do you mean unique :lol: Just home made 8)
It's a work in progress!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Carl

Well you have done the impossible...

The pictures make your wife Alex look even more attractive than those wedding photos in the club magazine all those years ago.....!

Smile

Is your car Canadian spec?

Cheers

Alistair

Formerly Vin 11622

Volvo V70 TDI- 259000 miles
Spitfire 1 - Sold
Spitfire 2 - Undergoing engine transplant
A Van Wrote:The pictures make your wife Alex look even more attractive than those wedding photos in the club magazine all those years ago.....!

Smile

Is your car Canadian spec?

Cheers

Alistair

Easy Alistair there are web sites for that sort of thing :lol: :lol:

TT :wink:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Many congrats Carl!! I told you it wouldn't be long before you were behind the wheel :wink:

Make sure you send me a write-up and lots of photos for the club magazine Big Grin

Best wishes,
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Carl

Well done, very pleased for you and Alex. good luck with it.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Well done Smile Good times
Nice one. Congrats on the new member of the family Carl !
Hope to see you at future events. :wink:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Hi Chris,

Sorry, I didn't realise I should have contacted you! :oops:

Yes it turned out to be a very long day, and we didn't arrive home until 9pm with daylight rapidly running out!

However, my first job was to drive her carefully off the trailer which wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. So, I already have a nice feel for the car, even better than that, I could do it with the door open! 8)

Yes, I can't wait to delve into the history of this particular car. I already have gathered some info about it, and discover new things everytime I look at the car!

When you say it's been 'badly treated', are you referring to the fact that it has just been stood for most of its life, or something else? I managed to track down a list of VINS and found mine, only thing is it says 'Ex Scrap yard' next to description, should I be very worried now! Shock

Thanks again for your help with trailer tips, etc Chris it's realy appreciated. Big Grin
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
Hi Kelvin, hope you and Stace are keeping well matey. Big Grin

Cheers mate still can't believe it, afterall, it was only a few weeks ago at Eurotech that we were talking about it, but I never expected anything to happen this quickly!

Just need to get her ready for MOT and do the cosmetics one at a time trouble is, Alex is absolutely desperate now to go out for a ride!

Remind me to send you our wedding photo's featuring your D. Big Grin

Cheers
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
Hi Alistair,

Thanks matey, it did feel like the impossible dream at times, but as you know, so worth it now!

Well Alex and I got married back in 2004, so, yes it was quite some time ago now. She has always been very photogenic and of course drop dead gorgeous though! Tongue

It's like I said in my wedding speech; "I arrived at the church in the car of my dreams, to marry the girl of my dreams, please somebody pinch me!"

Regarding if the car is Canadian Spec, I guess you are reffering to the interior being different colours? I'm not sure about this if I am honest with you, however, although it doesn't look it, the car is a completely grey interior, but is more of a darker shade of grey. I do not know why as I have never heard about any other colour tones than the standard black or grey, all I know is this is neither one or the other!

Perhaps somebody may be able to shed some light on this one?
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
Hi Phil, how's things buddy?

I know! It only seemed like five minutes ago that we were sat in your D talking about this, and even I didn't expect anything to happen THIS quickly! Big Grin

Will definately pen something down for the mag when I get a chance matey. :wink:

Keep an eye on ya inbox this week, as I'll PM you sometime.

Cheers
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk