Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might as well pack the cars away now.....
not looking good for the weather at shows this summer I'm afraid Cry

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200707 ... dbed5.html

Mind you, at least they're blaming the crap weather over here on something other then global sodding warming for a change.... :roll:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yes its really annoying this rain, makes you wonder if we are going to get any summer, mind you its not as bad dan sarf Smile TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
is it bad driving a D in the rain? or do you just not prefer to?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
trouble is mike they are such a sod to clean, and after you have used whatever type of cleaner you have used it seem a waste of time TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
It really is a nightmare this weather nothing but wet stuff coming from above! This has included lightening, thunder, hail, rain, heavy rain and anything else associated all in the space of 30mins, and i thought it was all over, ohh no lol! OK thats enough moaning, like Tony said we havn't had it that bad down here, hope to god you lot oop north are coping somehow! Hope the D's are getting some kind of shelter as well, poor things! :?
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Yep it's just chucking down here too. Luckily I now have a new workshop to work in. It takes 3 cars and has a 4 poster lift in it so Im in car heaven at the moment Big Grin

The best time I have ever had in the D was when a group of us met up on the way to Donnington for the first Renault Meet.

There was around 7 D's all blasting along the Motorway with us all having great run overtaking with lightning going off all around us. Me, Rob Williams and Claire were the main culprits but I have some great photos of it Big Grin

Dan
you got photos???? cool Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I seem to recall, at the point where me and Rob got "hacked off" with the tw@t in the Volvo 440 in front (and were conseqently loosing the rest of the convoy), we booted it up the inside and your GPS clocked at somewhere around .......... well...... dare I say on a public forum? :wink:

And Flopsy, being well instigated into Norvern ways (unlike her owner - gravy on chips - what is that all about????????) is outside, in the rain, unlike Schnorbitz, who is sharing the garage with the bumpers that I am respraying for my Cavalier - sokay, Schnorbitz is covered up Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yes hailstoning it down in Hull yesterday, cant believe it .....
That run wasn't the fastest I've been in my car, but it was pretty exciting.

I prefer not to drive my car in the rain wherever possible, because the back end can and will come out if you get overambitious with the throttle out of slow corners (even on good tyres) It's not hard to catch but I'd rather avoid it where there are other cars around if possible...
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152