Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me im drowning ! :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/humber/content/ima ... y.shtml?48

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/con ... ry.shtml?9
So no sunbathing for you today Mike?

That was the scene inside my car the other day driving back from London. I get two continuous torrents of water aimed right at the driver and passengers crotch regions when it rains. Always fun explaning to the crowds why you look like you have wet yourself when you get out. Shock
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
Well no Smile , but seriously it was like a scene out of a "Day After Tommorow " yesterday.

I havent come off to bad but i know many people who have, infact out of 26 of us here there are only 8 in today Sad

Guy here has a field full of 40 sheep went round to find them under 4 foot of water and no more ....

Truely a scarey day, especially when you consider what we were doing at the beginning of the month.
I work in sheffield and our offices got flooded even though we tried to barricade it with sandbags.

We finished up chucking all of the IT/ programming stuff in the back of the boss's land rover before it got water damaged ! Not sure now if we need new premises or not, luckily we've all got laptops so we can carry on working instead of having a few nice days at home Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

NickT.
Blimey! well I hope everyone is safe; I saw that someone drowned in a man hole when he got trapped the other day!

I hope the waters recede soon. It was quite sunny here in Bristol this morning, maybe its on its way down Sad
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid ... w=bb&mp=rm

there again if this goes then we are all 'ucked !!
Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock

well, its been soggy here in Derbyshire too - Nick/Glen/Birksie - remember coming down last year and coming over to the Hurt Arms at Ambergate for some food? There is/was a campsite in the grounds of the Hurt Arms next to the River Derwent.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/content/imag ... ry.shtml?1

All I can say is, I'm glad I live at the top of a hill!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
As someone said, if this had been another country , we would have had aid coming in now ....
bozzzydmc Wrote:As someone said, if this had been another country , we would have had aid coming in now ....

how true is that ..... :roll: I noticed all the tree huggers are blaming the rain on global warming already.... I give up!
Nothing to do with the cyclic 100 year storm then !
ooo global warming, so nothing to do with the fact that now and then its gonna piss it down big time whatever happens and has been for thousands of years?

Well im not into teh god stuff but there must have been factorys pumping out fumes back in the old old days because global warming caused a world wide flood that made noah build a boat!

beat that one tree huggers
DOC 527
Vin #10264
MY GOD YEA I REMEBER THE NIGHT I NEVER HAD RED BULL :twisted:
they've actually just been talking some sense on PM on Radio 4 about all this.

Alot of the problems caused by flooding, and the fact that we suffer more these days then we used to, has been pinpointed to a number of factors linked to our modern lifestyles and farming methods, which cause the water to 'run off' the ground and the fields rather then soak away:
  • Excessive urban developments concreting over the ground giving the water nowhere to go

Front gardens disappearing under blockpaved/tarmaccadam driveways and rear gardens getting paved over for the 'low maintenance' people

Increase in farm animals (apparantly there are twice as many sheep as there were 20 years ago), which means that the ground is getting more compacted 'under hoof' and therefore cannot drain properly
If the water cant drain away naturally, where's it supposed to go? Yep, it runs off the fields, onto the roads, and into homes.
Well, we got flooded out at work too.
Here's a photo of me in the excavtor scraping up the stainless steel which is under water. Pretty pointless really !

[Image: 1.jpg]

And a couple more of the yard I was working in at the time.
[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
o m god