Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me im drowning ! :)
Jeez Paul! I hope you and yours (and Bakntim) are ok following the events of the last few days.

Not far from here, Ashbourne has flooded - and we're also quite close to Carsington Resevoir Shock - thankfully we live on top of a hill, so fingers x'd we're ok up here. Apparantly Ladybower Resevoir has overflowed up in the Peak District - thats where the Dam Busters practiced their bombing raids during WW2.

Our best wishes go out to everyone caught up in these terrible floods.

Claire & Phill
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Living in the far South I cannot begin to imagine what its like for everybody affected. Its shocking people have died from all of this! So I dito Claire on this, very best wishes to everybody! Sad
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Opps Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvdpYgX4f7Q
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
hi all

dow Big Grin
Ace video, when will people realise that they put the air intakes really low on most cars now, just sucks the water in and destroys the engine.
Just checked on my mum in Halifax, seems she has not had it as bad as sheffield and surrounding areas.
Hope it dries up soon for you all.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
looks like more of the same to come.... Sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4226
In our office in Sheffield (, that's not far from Birksie's house) we've been lucky and only had half a metre of water in considering we are right bang next to the river. The office is now dry and disinfected and I've just got all the systems back online Smile

Tomorrow I will be recovering 7 industrial panel PC's and 3 PLC systems from a flooded paper works !
Luckily I imaged 5 of them and have the PLC software, you have to make a profit where you can Smile

We've already had 15 emails from office suppliers trying to sell us equipment !

Needless to say it's double backup time now just in case the weekend is worse................................

NickT
Claire Usher Wrote:Jeez Paul! I hope you and yours (and Bakntim) are ok following the events of the last few days.

Not far from here, Ashbourne has flooded - and we're also quite close to Carsington Resevoir Shock - thankfully we live on top of a hill, so fingers x'd we're ok up here. Apparantly Ladybower Resevoir has overflowed up in the Peak District - thats where the Dam Busters practiced their bombing raids during WW2.

Our best wishes go out to everyone caught up in these terrible floods.

Claire & Phill

Yeah we're all fine Claire. Luckily I live in a hilly place as you know, it just that my work place run right next to the river don. Fortunately that day, I had been asked to work in another yard which runs by a brook, not a river. If I had stayed at our company's yard, BAKNTIM would have almost certainly been floating through Meadowhall. :?
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
OMG Paul, looks like you and Bakntim had a lucky escape!!

Hard to believe the events of the last few days really, there's gorgeous bright sunshine here right now :?
same here claire, lovely blue sky and the sun is shining, shall we try send some there way? or shall we keep it all to ourselves, lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Im pleased to know everyone is ok Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
ROUND 2....

How is everyone doing in the latest crazy floods ??
NOT GOOD Sad

i was on the way down to AA control today in worcester and the road had a liitle water in it ( did it hell ) i went through it thinking this ant to bad then people was flashing me with there car lights then i could here water then i could see the bloody water coming through my passanger door the words was a little o sh******t were my rubber ring put the car into reverse and thank god got back out opend the door and the water was uo to the cenre console in my car so i started to get it out with a cup that sam makes me a cup of tea in know 3 hours later the car is drying out very slowley

so lession today is

if you think you can drive through a puddle then see how deep it is first not like me and thought lets see how big of a wave i can make Big Grin
I think this time round the south is getting what the north had 4 weeks ago.... mum's up with us at the moment (from Hertfordshire) and she said the rain was torrential with standing water on the M1 from Luton to Donington - the rain hit Derby with some force just after 4pm, but its easing off now and blowing a gale outside. Coming home through the lanes tonight, there were branches and trees down again though and the fire brigade were attending a fire at a farm just outside the village.

I'm tempted to put Flopsy back on SORN, seems pointless having tax on a car I'm not using - and due to the weather wouldnt use anyway! I've been out in that car 4 times this year - what a waste...... Sad
yeah it was bad today dan sarf, i did manage to get my car out yesterday afternoon, the only benefit of being self employed Big Grin
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor