Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All I hoped and more
I picked up my new DeLorean from PJ Gradys two weeks ago and now I'm finally getting around to posting about it.
For those that don’t know Darren & Chris, let me tell you they are giants among men. What they have done in little over four months is truly astounding and I thank them.

The car its self is a pleasure to drive, far more than I was expecting. I'm getting used to the lack of power steering and reduced field of view. I getting used to the turning circle and the gearbox. I'm getting used to the Breaking and the onlookers. BUT the finger prints, oh my God the finder prints… I had read in the forums many times about finger prints and thought it slightly exaggerated. What do people be doing ? I stop into a shop and come out to paw marks on any exposed surface, it's flattering and maddening.

Since I started looking into buying a DeLorean almost 6 months ago I always had a little niggling fear of "Don't meet your heroes" I was worried that I have build it up in my head so much that when I actually received the car it wouldn’t be all I had hoped. I was wrong, the car is all I hoped and more. You get a great feeling that you are actually driving the car, making it go, being a vital part of the car. It's very satisfying as opposed the feeling in a modern car that you are the weakest link, only there to point it in the right direction while all the real driving is left to the cars computer.

Anyway this post turned out longer that I had expected. Here it what I really wanted to show you. The pictures!
Thanks again Darren & Chris!!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/RichardHyn...aJpnGDdBww

Richard H
Richard Hynes
Mem No: 568
Vin: 2633

[Image: Calavera121.png]
Hi Richard !!

Nice Pictures im sure you will have many more soon!

Well done really pleased for you !
Top stuff !

NickT
Nice one richard, glad you like it, some people just dont get on with the car after driving a modern car, for me its the whole scene , car, people, shows and beer :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:Nice one richard, glad you like it, some people just dont get on with the car after driving a modern car, for me its the whole scene , car, people, shows and beer :lol: TT

...and not necessarily in that order either ... Wink

Yeh its funny how many times i go for the cruise control button on my steering wheel... lol Smile
Who would want power steering? It totally removes all feel for the road and how your front wheels are behaving.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
Well if I could just have it for parking... is that cheating ?
Richard Hynes

yeh.. thats cool.. either that or only park on gravel Smile
Ah well, that I must admit is a bit of a pain. On the other hand, I didn't buy a car to have fun parking it places!
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
Yeh you and your powerslides into parking spots eh Wink Smile
Oh and maybe for some of London's smaller streets. I drove into work during the week for the first time and got horrifically lost in the middle of morning rush hour. I missed the turn for work and ending right in the middle of the city. It was the most stressful hour I have ever experienced.
Richard Hynes

I remember being in a similar situation a long time back and the worst bit isn't being able to pull over and check your map! :?

I do a lot of journeys in the car which are to new locations and I love using the SAT NAV I have now. It makes driving far less stressful particularly if you are in a rush... Smile
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Great picture's.Just wondering what month it was built?
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
It's from August 81. I don't have the VIN on me.
Richard Hynes

Tut !! ..You mean you dont know it yet...shame on you Smile Smile