Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, So I made a Delorean saving chart, have a look.
Obviously, money matters are always a personal thing, but on this occasion I think it would do me good to have a visual representation of my saving progress for a DMC 12. I think perhaps i'll make it into a signature as well, as you can see below it will show the progress towards the £16,0000 that I think i'll need Smile

Please excuse the crudeness of the line drawing Smile

[Image: DMC_GUAGE.jpg]
Testing my sig for the first time.....
DOC577
Good idea I guess! You're like me, I have to think visually so having a chart such as this is, I suppose, more gratification of efforts towards saving, nice one!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
i have a chart like that in my mind, 16 is when im gonna sell it,1 is when i love it again Big Grin TT ps its on about 5 at the mo
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
That is actually pretty cool... I might have to put a similar chart up above my desk at work. Something to aspire too when I'm tired from debugging PS3 devkits :-)

Unlike you I have a mortgage, and realistically I have to move house first so I have a garage big enough for the De. Good news is that I should be able to buy that house I found a few weeks ago which is currently owned by someone who used to work with John DeLorean... I hope its a good omen!
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
that is a cool chart, i need something like that myself, lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Maybe i could have one that shows me how far i got on my new angle drive.... 320 miles then whilst reversing out of the garage... ping !

balls! :roll:
MikeyB - Flopsy's new angle drive went kaput last year - found out the lower speedo cable was (as RichH put it) tatered (as in potato, not tattered and torn) :wink:

You can get a new one from Speedograph Richfield in Nottingham for about £11, or the whole lot including the outer bit is about £20 from the same place.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
It had a new shorter cable put in at the at the same time, did you say yours went when reversing too ? , mine has twisted and snapped on the 'flexiwire' bit as it goes into the angle drive... if i grab the bit thats left and and twist in a reverse fashion is seems to stick every now and then ...even when the cable is disconnected Sad
yeah, mine did summat similar, but I must admit I was travelling up the A6 when I actually noticed my speedo wasnt working (haha, shows how much notice I take of it!! lol )

I'll have to re-watch the video (un-censored) of Rich and Phill when they took my angle drive out and then took it apart last year (to mine, Rich & Helens amusement :wink: ) to remember what was actually wrong with it - or if Rich's reading this, he might remember and be able to reply directly.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
The saving chart is good guys.... Cor, that takes me back 18 months... Smile
The saving chart is great Big Grin

It beats my crappy little bargraph for an avatar
<-------------
Aaron May

DOC: 573
VIN: 16723 - the LPG delorean

1999 Corsa 1.2L GLS Auto

The Wii-Master!
You do realise though once you have fully coloured in the chart and can buy the delorean, you rub out what you coloured in and start colouring in again by how much you spend on it as the years go by" :lol:

Regarding speedos, i was passing some car today which had a big digital speedo and I noticed that theirs read 73mph, i was overtaking and mine only read 70! I always thought that driving low to the ground made it feel faster :twisted: In fact I've have just been speeding the last two years.
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
Reynolds Wrote:You do realise though once you have fully coloured in the chart and can buy the delorean, you rub out what you coloured in and start colouring in again by how much you spend on it as the years go by" :lol:

Regarding speedos, i was passing some car today which had a big digital speedo and I noticed that theirs read 73mph, i was overtaking and mine only read 70! I always thought that driving low to the ground made it feel faster :twisted: In fact I've have just been speeding the last two years.

All part of owning a D12 I guess Smile

Reg the speedo, how big was it that you noticed it from another car? :?
DOC577
Anologue speedos from what I have seen so far tend to me more accurate than their digital counterparts. My speedo is on average spot on when comparing to the reading from my GPS true mph. Not bad for 170mph calibrated speedometer. Big Grin

Last year my company car (Mazda 6) showed up to a 6mph increase on it's digital speedo over the GPS true reading Shock

Incidentally my GPS reading went to 0mph a while back and so far I have found that there is no fault with the aftermarket pulse sensor that is attached to the lambda counter.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed