Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New(ish) member saying Hello!
(02 Mar 2024, 21:14)DMC_Paul Wrote:
(01 Mar 2024, 20:28)mattjeh Wrote:
(29 Feb 2024, 20:32)DMC_Paul Wrote:
(29 Feb 2024, 14:02)mattjeh Wrote: Hi Paul, welcome. Putting aside the cost of getting a LHD up and running. Can I ask how much is a RHD conversion approximately? I'm curious.

Hi mattjeh

Many thanks for the welcome!  I can’t give an answer I’m afraid as I didn’t ask Chris N to break out costs for specific RHD conversion work, and there will have been some economies from doing it alongside the restoration work, but I’d definitely recommend giving him a call if you want ballpark numbers for a standalone conversion.

Best wishes,

Paul
Gotcha. I see what you mean if it was alongside other resto work. Im not an owner yet, soon to be fingers crossed. Im just curious of the approximate cost of a conversion on top of a running well restored example (which is what, about £50k these days?).
When the day comes Chris will be my first call!

Hi mattjeh

If you’re currently on the hunt for a car it might even be worth giving him a call now to get some advice on where you should prioritise if you are considering a future RHD conversion.  As much as possible you'll want to avoid a situation where you are undoing and/or redoing things which were baked into the price of the car - Chris has lots of experience on where to focus, and the sweet spot for a RHD conversion candidate.  Good luck with the search!

Best wishes,
Paul

I see, good point. Don't want to waste money on fixing things that will get removed and replaced in a conversion. I think realistically, i'll stick with LHD, but, one can always dream!