Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequency valve removal
I received a sobering warning from Rissy at the Really Retro Show to change my fuel lines or risk losing my car to fire. So I've been changing the lines one at a time over the last week. I've only got the frequency valve and return line left to go, but it's not clear how I get one of the lines to detach from the frequency valve (the one with no visible fastener).

Do I just pull, twist, and grunt at it? Or is there more to it? I'm trying to not break something as the Morgan factory tour is only a couple of weeks away.
June '81 No. 1867
If the pipe your referring to is the top one, then yes, it's just a push fit since it's the return line and isn't under any real pressure.
You should find the hose in your replacement set is a pipe with a banjo fitting at only one end.
The easiest way to remove it, it to slice through the hose at the valve end and just peel it off...
The new hose pushes on, you may find it helps to stick the end in some boiling water first. You can always add a pipe cip if you're paranoid about it popping off...
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Cheers. It is indeed a push fit. Very tight. 

June '81 No. 1867