Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC 2023 Event, Malvern, Worcs. 8-10 September
Celebrity status Rissy!!

I imagine we'll turn some head this weekend - more so than any other car group as they're all the same colour!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
the hotel car park is going to be very interesting for sure since we're all arriving throughout the late afternoon/ evening.

got a couple more test runs to make in 5222 before coming down with Rich Hanlon as a pair (for if I need help Tongue )
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Hope to meet you lot in the Morgan car park at 10:30.
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
Excellent, in fact that's a good reminder for all wherever they're staying! -

Morgan Motors
Pickersleigh Rd,
Malvern
WR14 2LL

... at 10:30-10:45 on Saturday morning please. Tours begin at 11AM sharp!

Morgan Experience drives for Saturday afternoon have sold out!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126

Big Grin
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Scorchio!

My AC should be well used this weekend. Probably the most it’s ever been used since installing it!

Roll on my dashboard starting to crack now! Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi All. 
The weekend is nearly upon us and the weather is looking good, I now wish id got the  AC working Angry .
 We have planned a little drive around the area  on the Saturday afternoon, included in the route are  a few stops, but it really is such a lovely area please feel free to enjoy what you want,  We will supply more details on the weekend. 
We are more than happy to set up a little whatsapp group just for the weekend, if anyone feels this may be helpful send over a mobile number . We will be arriving at the hotel late afternoon friday.
See you all soon Brian and Jill  07970970454

Looks amazing. I'm happy to give up my phone number. I'll pass that on tomorrow evening during or after introductions. Smile
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Superb, thank you so much for doing this! Looks a great route. Yep, I can imagine if any of those stops offer ice creams they'll do a good trade, my AC is currently inop as well!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(03 Sep 2023, 19:22)acmetowers Wrote: Dam it, just found out I can make Saturday. Any chance of coming to the evening dinner?

Richard, it's possible I've duplicated a person, so if you want to come for the
whole thing then I can't see a problem, if Morgan need me to pay for an extra
person on the tours, then I'll have the Club bank card with me to pay for it.

If you can join us, you'll need to be at Morgan Cars for 10.30-10.45 am.

can I suggest folks pack plenty of water (not just for the cars lol) and hats & suncream,
as its going to be a hot weekend. Sadly we wont have room for the gazebo in our car
(not sure if bringing the Avi or the Mokka yet).

@Richard Hanlon, can I just check which address for Morgan we are meeting at? Is it the
factory site on Pickersleigh Road, or the Experience Centre round the corner on Spring Lane?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I think both are accessed through the same car park IIRC so I'm sure we'll be directed upon arrival.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
THANK YOU to everyone who came along this weekend, we've had fantastic time.

Its been great with catching up with friends old and new, and as Dan Willis so perfectly
put it, its not just about the cars, its the people, its getting together, and just nattering and
catching up.

A huge thanks to Rich and Roisin Hanlon for all the work they put into instigating and sorting
this weekends events, and also a big thank you to Brian and Jill Morgan for the scenic tour
yesterday with a much needed stop for a cold drink and ice cream near Elsnor Castle.

The rain this morning didn't dampen spirits, as the De's pretty much emptied the cafe at
Croome House NT of customers and staff as they parked up next to it.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and got home safely.

Next year, we are probably heading north again - as agreed at the AGM about 14yrs ago, the
decision was taken to move the Club event around the country so that everyone gets a chance
to attend something hopefully close to them.

Since 2010, we've been to North Wales border area, North Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Dorset, Norfolk,
Buckinghamshire and Worcestershire.

Thoughts initially are to so do something in the Lake District, but we are open to suggestions and
ideas, so if you feel you can help, then please get in touch!

Anyway, I'll pop some photos on the Club Facebook page soon (I've got loads on my big camera as
usual), and there will be a write up with photos in the next issue of DeLorean News.
Thanks for your kind words Claire, really not necessary, I quite enjoyed taking part I the organisation side for a change and would happily do so again  :-) Great time had by all I think, so thanks to everyone for coming along and lovely to meet and reacquaint with lots of great people. I think there'll be some very strong contenders for Calendar pics this year! Had s great tome (and been searching Ebay for Morgan resto projects!!)

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I had a great weekend, so thank you everyone for just being there. I know my car never gets to meets, and I do hope to change that in the future!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

(11 Sep 2023, 10:29)Dan Willis Wrote: I had a great weekend, so thank you everyone for just being there. I know my car never gets to meets, and I do hope to change that in the future!

It was brilliant to see you again and have a proper catch up. Also cheers for the
heads up about that RV8 conversion, we will definitely research it further.