Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Retro Show - 9 July 2023 (nr Stafford)
okay, so we're all booked in, any late stragglers let me know, and I'm sure they'll bend to
us as they've got a soft spot for DeLoreans.

We've got 6/7 DeLoreans and Cavalier (and the Avantime if Sorbet isn't ready to play).

I'll lay on snacks and drinks again and we'll have the gazebo, all I'd ask is you bring your
own chairs to make sure we've all got something to sit on. Just need the weather to be
as nice as last year now!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Great job thanks for organising Claire  Smile
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Yes thanks Claire, really looking forward to it, Just got to get my car looking a bit more presentable!
Unfortunately my car is now off the road after the auto box miss shifted last weekend and no 6 exhaust valve stuck / dropped a collet and had a meeting with the piston! I haven’t pulled the head yet but under the valve cover the rocker arm is fine but there is play in the valve spring retainer. in the bore I had a little look with a cheap endoscope and it’s a bit poorly!

(21 Jun 2023, 07:24)Darrere Wrote: Unfortunately my car is now off the road after the auto box miss shifted last weekend and no 6 exhaust valve stuck / dropped a collet and had a meeting with the piston! I haven’t pulled the head yet but under the valve cover the rocker arm is fine but there is play in the valve spring retainer. in the bore I had a little look with a cheap endoscope and it’s a bit poorly!
I would still like to come to see everyone, I could try and come in my Triumph Spitfire?
Oops!

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully it won't be too arduous a task to repair the whole area, and find the reason for the mischievous auto box behaviour.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(21 Jun 2023, 08:26)Rissy Wrote: Oops!

Sorry to hear this.  Hopefully it won't be too arduous a task to repair the whole area, and find the reason for the mischievous auto box behaviour.

I am looking for the tool to hold the timing chain in place against the timing cover if any one has one? Happy to rent / pay shipping and make sure it’s returned! Regards Darren
Sorry to hear about this Darren, but as per my PM to you, the alternative car is welcome.

Okay, so our arrival time is 9.45-9.50am, so I suggest, as per last year, we all meet at the pub
on the junction of the A449 and A5 - the name of it escapes me, but you cant miss it, and most
attendees meet there. Its about a 5-10 minute drive from the pub to Penkridge Market where
the event is.

I've had all the stuff emailed to me by the organisers, we are in the same place as last year on the
hard standing.

As I said before, I'll bring the gazebo, table and snacks/drinks but if you can bring your own chairs
it would be useful so we all have somewhere to sit.
(29 Jun 2023, 20:34)Guinney1971 Wrote: Okay, so our arrival time is 9.45-9.50am, so I suggest, as per last year, we all meet at the pub
on the junction of the A449 and A5 - the name of it escapes me, but you cant miss it, and most
attendees meet there. Its about a 5-10 minute drive from the pub to Penkridge Market where
the event is.

"The spread Eagle" (Oooh-la-la)

All excellent effort there Claire, can't wait. Weather looks a bit subjective, but predicaments are also very changeable. I have a holiday in Edinburgh to squeeze in before then, but I can't wait to get the old girl out and see everyone there. ...Also looking forward to getting LEX out too. (sshhhh. don't tell Leanne)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
yeah, I've been watching the forecast, looks like we could get rain from about 2pm onwards :-(

Anyway, I'll get some supplies tomorrow and get the Cavalier packed up ready for Sunday.

Not sure if Phill is bringing the Avantime as well, its not taxed (or washed) as its been on SORN since
December and sitting in the garage.

See you all Sunday morning, any queries, drop me an email or DM me on Facebook, as I've only got
the forum on my laptop, not my phone or office PC.
Thumbs Down 
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
thank you to everyone who came along today, the weather held out and the Club stand was busy
with visitors all day long (although the heavens opened again about 20 mins after we got back home
to Nottinghamshire!).

Roll on RR24, lets make it bigger and better next year - maybe we could entice a BTTF owner along (and
try and nab the Best Club Stand Trophy) :oD

There are lots of photos on my Facebook page, and also the Clubs Facebook page, so feel free to pop
along and have a look.

Once again thanks again to Rissy, Rich Hanlon, Rory and Richard P for bringing their cars along today, its
been a brilliant day out, and it was great to catch up with everyone again.

June '81 No. 1867