Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car for Sale (Black) with preferable End Sept completion date - DOC member car
Dear All:

After much excitement last year when I managed to buy, import from the US, register and fettle VIN #2045 (Black Bess), and subsequently greatly enjoy ownership, I find I am sadly in a position of having to consider selling my DeLorean.  Much to my own regret, and particularly sadly for my younger daughter who has really taken to her!  :-(
This summer she has been on display at 3 local car shows (garnering much attention naturally!), and she is also booked in to the 'Kop Hill Climb' event near Princes Risborough this September on the 24th/25th, where I am planning to take my daughters on the Hill run (at much less than 88, though!).

Accordingly, I am open for expressions of interest from anyone who would like a DeLorean but doesn't mind a/ that it's painted (black) and b/ potentially having a completion date after the Kop Hill.  I would hate to disappoint my youngest in particular.  On the plus side, this means plenty of time for both parties to ensure any deal is fair and to get all the ducks in a row!

As with any DeLorean, there are many aspects of the car to consider, so I shan't go into them all in detail here, rather keep that for further discussion.
However, in brief, some of the more important bits;
Imported last year, registration finally completed (DVLA delays included!!) 2nd September 2021.  
Front and rear light mods done and first MOT successfully passed as part of registration process.  Now registered as 'historic' and tax and MoT exempt.
Serviced (oil, coolant, filters) when received.  Upgraded DGo alternator fitted.
Front suspension updated (lower ball joints, recall work, lower arms 'boxed', poly bushed).  Also got the extra lower arm support kit but not fitted this yet.
New fuel level sensor and angle drive/lower cable just fitted (and working).
LED bulb lights in all appropriate places, door and rear louvre gas struts replaced...
And so on.  
In short, she's a DeLorean in VGC, nearly everything works (including air con!), she's very usable and presents well.
Even the paint is in pretty good nick for 40 years old.
OH yes: Manual, and grooved bonnet with gas flap!

Happy to be contacted at ivan.mark.rogers@gmail.com for discussion. 
I can of course then send piccies.

Cheers!
Oh wow this is a shame. Feels like you've only just joined us and now you're leaving. Didn't even get a chance to meet you or see your car. That's a real shame.

I hope you reach a good settlement, and I hope you can fix whatever has pushed you to such a hard decision.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hey cheers, Rissy - likewise!
It does seem all too short and I feel as if I'm just getting into the ownership experience (having mostly been under the car more than driving it!)
Sadly however, premature 'death' of family car and the fact that the whole house needs new windows fairly urgently means that something's gotta give...  and vintage 2-seaters in a family of 4 are a bit of a luxury item!
Hence however also part of the slightly selfish reason for wanting to keep her until September, if possible (as well as keeping daughter no.2 happy!)  At least I'll have had her on the road for a full year, with a chance for a few more dry summer motoring days, before parting ways, and perhaps a chance to actually catch a few club members as well.
Although I would plan to stay in the club, and who knows, in a couple of years, if things settle down, and no more nasty costs arise, perhaps I can try to re-enter the fold.
At least if I do manage to obtain another one in future, I'll have a ready bank of knowledge and experience to draw on!
:-D
Sad to hear this Ivan, as Rissy said, its like you've only just joined us, but can fully understand your reasons.

Best wishes, and I hope you get to enjoy the car for as long as possible.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(21 Jun 2022, 16:15)Guinney1971 Wrote: Sad to hear this Ivan, as Rissy said, its like you've only just joined us, but can fully understand your reasons.

Best wishes, and I hope you get to enjoy the car for as long as possible.

Thanks, Claire!
:-D
So..
My apologies to those who contacted me with a view to potentially buying my DeLorean.
I am happy to report that I managed to get through the fiscal issues caused by family cars and house windows and so am currently planning to keep her for at least a couple more years...
Looking forward to another season of shows this year.
Also looking forward to pestering the more experienced members on here again with further questions about various parts of the car.
As a note, there was a period before Christmas when I couldn't in all conscience have sold her anyway, she was sat on the drive (under a cover) and annoyingly despite the cover the ridiculous rainfall we were having somehow managed to get in.  One day I discovered some very squidgy carpets!
So she immediately went back in the garage and I spent much of Christmas drying her out.  My wife found it most amusing as I kept going in and out of the garage with microwaveable drying bags, obviously trying to keep my poor car warm over the winter..!
So I'm going to overhaul the door seals and so on and look for any other 'points of entry' during the summer (if and when it actually arrives).
And hopefully actually get to meet some other club members this year!
Any volunteers as to who's closest to High Wycombe?
Cheers!
Ivan
That's fantastic news. Happy days! In a field of Deloreans (admittedly, a rare event) he painted ones often get the most attention!

There is a proposed Club event this September, 8th-10th, so if this doesn't clash with your hillclimb this could be a good opportunity to meet up with a few more of us so we can convince you to hang in there.

It's be really interesting to hear how it performs in a competitive event too, not a lot of us have done many of those, so please post plenty of pics up when the event comes!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Glad you managed to keep her Ivan, and yes, be great to see the car this year.

Maybe you could consider the NEC in November? I don't think we've ever had a
painted car on the stand before, so it would certainly get a lot of attention.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie