Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Sweden
Hi,

I bought a DeLorean in the fall of 2020, partially on a whim. I have wanted to get one for as long as have wanted to get any vehicle at all and I happened to be looking through used car listings and just stumbled over it, realized it was within my budget, and phoned up the seller to arrange a test drive. I have no regrets so far.

I began fixing up all the little issues (adjusting the gearshift, fixing the clock, and changing all the fluids and filters among other things) this summer and found this forum.

I'll probably post more stuff when I either have all these little things worked out or when I hit a problem  Tongue

Cheers!
That's great, always nice to hear of another restoration project under way! Congratulations on your purchase and thank you for joining us. Plenty of advice on here and searchable too in case the issue has come up before. That's where forums definitely win over Facebook groups. 

Please keep us up to date with your project and add some pics when you have time Smile
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Welcome, and enjoy. We're all here to help, so any advice required, don't hesitate. Get up some photos of your new car too! Smile
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Welcome 'Tantor', great to hear of another DMC coming back to health.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie