Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
New user saying hello....

I have just recently purchased a Delorean fulfilling a 30 year dream.  Looking forward to getting it to the UK (currently in Ireland) and on the road.  A few mechanical issues to sort and some cosmetics but that’s part of the fun of owning a classic car!

Looking forward to getting to know the club members - please be kind with my inevitable questions when it arrives!

Smile
Congratulations, and don't worry. We've all been a new owner at one time or another.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Welcome! Whereabouts in the country are you based?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(10 Aug 2021, 10:09)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Welcome! Whereabouts in the country are you based?

Hi Rich,

I’m in Leicester so not far from you by the looks of it!

Jon
Congratulations Jon.

I'm in Ashby-de-la-Zouch - so very close!
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
Fairly close to me too. I'm in Rugby.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
congrats and welcome from me and 5222 (also a recent new owner) in Derbyshire.
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Congratulations from another midlander (Kenilworth).
Nice to meet you all.

A few cars in the Midlands which is great to hear.  I wonder which of your cars I have seen on the M1 a few times over the last few years?!
(11 Aug 2021, 15:36)Jonkicks Wrote: Nice to meet you all.

A few cars in the Midlands which is great to hear.  I wonder which of your cars I have seen on the M1 a few times over the last few years?!

Might still be someone other than those of use who've identified ourselves here (so far). As an example, another owner here who's a good friend of mine, who I wont name, sometimes finds himself driving his car down the M1 and back from mine from time to time too. Or of course it could be any other owner. The M1 is a main traffic artery up and down the country after all.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
(10 Aug 2021, 11:10)Derfel Wrote: Congratulations Jon.

Very close to me.  Out of interest, do you use a Leicester garage/mechanic for any work?
(12 Aug 2021, 08:44)Jonkicks Wrote:
(10 Aug 2021, 11:10)Derfel Wrote: Congratulations Jon.

Very close to me.  Out of interest, do you use a Leicester garage/mechanic for any work?

Hi Jon,

Not used any garage - been doing the work all myself, bit of a trial and error - but with lots of support from fellow DeLorean owners - It's not been too difficult. - Although I could do with a DeLorean whisperer to properly set up my fuel injection!
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
Hi, Jon!
Also a relatively new member, still waiting to get my DeLorean (imported from the US in early May) on the road - the DVLA has quite a backlog at the moment, sadly..!  
In the meantime am making use of the time by doing various bits of work to make sure that all is as good as poss when I do hit the road.  Front suspension refresh/upgrade at the moment.
I used to be round the midlands a lot (worked at JLR and AGCO) and still pop up there occasionally to visit friends (and do the Kenilworth Kit Car show), so good to know there's a few of us round that way.  I myself am near High Wycombe, but work (in normal times) in Peterborough.  So hopefully lots of opportunities to catch people as things return to normal!
You've done the right thing joining the club, as I say I've been doing lots of work on mine and people have been tremendously helpful with hints, tips and other advice!
Cheers,
Ivan
Good luck...if yours is an auto with a few issues ...see the other latest thread on auto gearboxes before you delve further.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
hi Jon,
another midlander here (although I originally hail from Hertfordshire).
We're on the Notts/Derby's border near J27 of the M1, home to Phill's car (6772) and
my ongoing project (2292).
We'll hopefully be having our Xmas meet up again this year, you will be most welcome
to come along and join us, I'll post details once known.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie