Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleeding nightmare!
Over the past couple of nights, I have changed my stock springs for the "lowered" versions and addressed my brake issue.

The brakes have not felt right and whilst up on axle stands, I noticed the offside front calliper was binding.

I ordered a rebuild kit and new flexible hoses and everything is back together, but I just can't get the fluid to come through whilst bleeding.

My partner and kids can only take so much down, up, down, up.. so had to call it a day tonight.

I have one of those pressurised brake bleed kits and i works great on my Mercedes, but the kit does not fit the DeLorean's brake fluid reservoir

Anyone have an alternative solutions..?

cheers!
Have you fitted a new M/Cylinder??? if so these should be bench bled otherwise they wont bleed. If not then I'm guessing there's a problem elese-where and your going to have to work from each corner to check if you have fluid coming out of all the 4 corners.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
the master cylinder is not new. Only the front callipers / hoses were changed and I have only tried bleeding those. I'l' give the offside rear a try tomorrow and see if that gets the fluid going
Quote:the master cylinder is not new. Only the front callipers / hoses were changed and I have only tried bleeding those. I'l' give the offside rear a try tomorrow and see if that gets the fluid going
That's certainly odd then!! My only suggestion is to undo the lines where you connected to the front flexi pipes and check to see if you get fluid out from there whilst bleeding.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
thanks Chris
You want to try it with a new master cylinder, new flexible pipes, some new steel pipes, new callipers and not one.....but 2 new brake servo's.   It took 2 off us several attempts and a gallon of brake fluid to get the job done.

Removing some of the bolts involved loads of freeing oil, heat, hammers a 3 foot extension bar!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
hi Chris,
Panic over, managed to find the bag of caps that came with my bleed kit and got the air out
phew! that's a relief!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I fitted a new M/C on to LEX last year. I didn't bench bleed it. Fitted it dry, and connected everything up and filled the reservoir and bled from there. I've never heard of having to bench bleed a M/C before?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)