Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DOC 2021 Meet - Take 2!!
As above assuming car makes it me and the boss will be there from Friday evening
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I'm quite stretched for holiday days this year as post-lockdown has already been filled with lots of family visits. So Ruth and I will be coming down on the Saturday and heading back up on the Monday. So we'll likely miss the air museum but see everyone in the evening and then all day Sunday Smile

It's a long way to go, but I was determined to attend at least one club event this year!
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Not sure if either of the below appeals to anyone:

Motul are still looking for a DeLorean to feature on their stand:
As the guest of Motul. The company are looking for a restored DeLorean which, in their words, would like some ‘tender loving care’.  Motul wish to provide a DeLorean with new sparks, oil, other lubricants, etc and to feature on their stand for the 3 days of the Classic.
I'm sure that they may be persuadable to transport and return a car to the show if this would appeal to an owner who's car may not be road legal?????

They would also like someone to volunteer for this:
Or you may prefer to join Mike Brewer on his car clinic stage on either Saturday or Sunday of the Classic. This is a 10 minute chat about the car and all the restoration carried out. All very friendly and fun.
If either appeal please get in touch.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
If all goes well I'll be at the museum in the D with my son on the Saturday.
Quote:Motul are still looking for a DeLorean to feature on their stand:
As the guest of Motul. The company are looking for a restored DeLorean which, in their words, would like some ‘tender loving care’.  Motul wish to provide a DeLorean with new sparks, oil, other lubricants, etc and to feature on their stand for the 3 days of the Classic.
I'm sure that they may be persuadable to transport and return a car to the show if this would appeal to an owner who's car may not be road legal?????
This is now covered I understand.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Exclamation 
As per my DOC-UK Facebook announcement the ther day, I've now had site plans and Track Parade Instructions sent over to me by Silverstone.

Apologies for the delay in posting on here, I'm on an Office PC during the week that doesn't have my Forum Login, so I have to wait until I'm on my laptop.

According to Silverstone, 21 cars are booked for the Sunday, and anyone wanting to go on the track for the parade MUST complete a sign on form either beforehand or on the day prior to progressing to the track parade assembly area.  You will be given a wristband for yourself and your passenger (if applicable) - this MUST be worn otherwise you will not be permitted to go on the track.

Cars can parade 2 abreast, and no overtaking on the circuit is permitted.  You will follow the Course Car, there will be no overtaking of this car, and no 'holding back then accelerating' or hard acceleration/braking allowed.  Bad driving will not be tolerated by the organisers.

The parade will be at lunchtime, but we will be directed to the track parade assembly point at 11am.  The parade time (6 clubs parading, total of 605 cars including us!) is between 12.25 and 13.40.  I will assume that we'll be last on track, as we are last named on the list of clubs.  Can I remind everyone, that you must be on site by 10am at the latest!

Numbers:  

Silverstone tell me they have 21 booked for the Sunday, however on the list they sent me is 18 owners and cars, they tell me that some people have only booked 'General Admission' tickets which does not permit access to the Club Stand with a vehicle.  I am querying one of these (that I know of) as this particular person was assured to be able to be on the stand despite booking late due to personal issues.  The other two I'm assuming are William Bollands and John Wace's wife, but I'll see what I can find out.

I have site plans and also the Track Parade Sign On Form which must be completed and handed to the marshalls before you are allowed on track.  I can bring forms with me, or I can email them to anyone who wants one in advance.  Email me on treasurer@deloreans.co.uk and I'll forward you one.

So, with just 2 weeks to go, here's to a good weekend and hopefully some decent weather.  I'll bring a supply of drinks and snacks with me for the Club Stand on the day too, although I might need some help with carrying stuff, as I'm not allowed to unload my Cavalier on our stand as its a different entry gate to the Cavalier & Chevette Club, and they are also operating one way systems for vehicles.  I'll have the gazebo and a small table as well as the other stuff.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Great stuff!
I think I did everything properly and am on the list for the stand and parade on Sunday, can you confirm please Claire? Steve Pellegrini, VRL 445W, Vin 4468
@Rich I can confirm I'm up for the air museum as staying for the whole weekend.

Really looking forward to it!
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Like Steve, I *presume* i'm sorted appropriately for everything until I'm told i'm not. Its hard to react in time to sort anything out if you don't know if you're one of the people who's not complete for everything...

You mentioned a "sign on form" for the track lap(s). I have noi idea if i've filled one in or not. I just followed the instrcutions laid down earlier in this thread. I don't seem to remember filling in anything specifically for the track lap(s)...?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Sorry, i just reread your post Claire. Must have been more tired than i thought when i read it. If im reading right now, then my understanding is that you can provide people with a form to have to fill in for doing the Silverstone track lap(s).

Would you prefer we do this on the day, or do you want anyone to fill in ahead of time? I'm happy to fill in ahead of time if you make the form available.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
(11 Jul 2021, 14:26)Guinney1971 Wrote: As per my DOC-UK Facebook announcement the ther day, I've now had site plans and Track Parade Instructions sent over to me by Silverstone.

Apologies for the delay in posting on here, I'm on an Office PC during the week that doesn't have my Forum Login, so I have to wait until I'm on my laptop.

According to Silverstone, 21 cars are booked for the Sunday, and anyone wanting to go on the track for the parade MUST complete a sign on form either beforehand or on the day prior to progressing to the track parade assembly area.  You will be given a wristband for yourself and your passenger (if applicable) - this MUST be worn otherwise you will not be permitted to go on the track.

Cars can parade 2 abreast, and no overtaking on the circuit is permitted.  You will follow the Course Car, there will be no overtaking of this car, and no 'holding back then accelerating' or hard acceleration/braking allowed.  Bad driving will not be tolerated by the organisers.

The parade will be at lunchtime, but we will be directed to the track parade assembly point at 11am.  The parade time (6 clubs parading, total of 605 cars including us!) is between 12.25 and 13.40.  I will assume that we'll be last on track, as we are last named on the list of clubs.  Can I remind everyone, that you must be on site by 10am at the latest!

Numbers:  

Silverstone tell me they have 21 booked for the Sunday, however on the list they sent me is 18 owners and cars, they tell me that some people have only booked 'General Admission' tickets which does not permit access to the Club Stand with a vehicle.  I am querying one of these (that I know of) as this particular person was assured to be able to be on the stand despite booking late due to personal issues.  The other two I'm assuming are William Bollands and John Wace's wife, but I'll see what I can find out.

I have site plans and also the Track Parade Sign On Form which must be completed and handed to the marshalls before you are allowed on track.  I can bring forms with me, or I can email them to anyone who wants one in advance.  Email me on treasurer@deloreans.co.uk and I'll forward you one.

So, with just 2 weeks to go, here's to a good weekend and hopefully some decent weather.  I'll bring a supply of drinks and snacks with me for the Club Stand on the day too, although I might need some help with carrying stuff, as I'm not allowed to unload my Cavalier on our stand as its a different entry gate to the Cavalier & Chevette Club, and they are also operating one way systems for vehicles.  I'll have the gazebo and a small table as well as the other stuff.

I have been contacted by silverstone recently about this issue Claire, all sorted now don't think my fiesta would blend in well apart from being silver.
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Quote:Would you prefer we do this on the day, or do you want anyone to fill in ahead of time? I'm happy to fill in ahead of time if you make the form available.
Ditto
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
So just to let people be aware that the Silverstone organisers have started posting show attendance welcome packs which contain instructions, and a windscreen display ticket giving the details of where you're to park on the day (DOC have been positioned in the light blue section 8 area which you get to by entering ENTRANCE 3 and navigating under the COPSE tunnel and into the centre area of the track).

I know this because mine came through the post today. My ticket has been clearly labelled as being part of the Delorean Owners Club UK.

In the information, they prompt you to navigate to HERE: https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/the.../car-clubs
and fill in one of the downloadable "YOUR CAR'S STORY" forms for display in your car (as well as the windscreen display ticket) during the day. Windscreen tickets must be stuck to your inside windscreen BEFORE arriving at the track entrance (entrance 3 for DOC participants).

They also remind people that as well as your windscreen ticket, you must also have your general admission e-ticket(s) (one per person) to hand, either printed out or for display on your (fully charged) mobile phone.

I have not yet received my e-tickets for Leanne and I. I'm presuming as they are "e-tickets" that people will receive these via the email address they provided them when filling in the vehicle details form and then submitted to them.

It's all coming together now! EXCITING!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Mine arrived today also.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi All,
I'm happy to bring forms with me on the day, or on the Saturday to the Air Museum.
I think the 'e-ticket- thing will be the email of your booking Rissy.
I'll email the track forms to Chris W and Rissy as requested. It'll be on Friday though, as
the forms are on my office PC, and I'm away on a school trip tomorrow.
I've also had a pass sent to me for dropping off the gazebo and refreshments on the DOC-UK
stand, but if there could be a few folks about to help with setting up, that would be appreciated.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I had an email today with links to my E tickets which needed printing off.
Not long to go now!
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper