Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DOC 2021 Meet - Take 2!!
an update, I've had no reply from the Air Museum, so I'll chase them again tomorrow if I get 5 mins.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
SATURDAY PLANS CONFIRMED!!

Hello all, I have eventually been in touch with the Midland Air Museum and they are pleased to welcome us to the museum on Saturday 31st July 2021!

We are to arrive at around 11am to the museum beside Coventry Airport, to postcode. CV3 4FR, where we will qualify for a group entry discount and a personalised tour of the exhibition! The museum is around 45 minutes from Bicester for those staying over on the Friday night.

The museum features World War II exhibits right up to iconic aircraft of the Jet age including examples of the Avro Vulcan, Phantom, Lightning, Harrier, Vampire, Canberra and many more. 

The museum is also home of the Sir Frank Whittle Jet Heritage Centre exhibiting engines from the earliest Whittle W2 jets from the 1940s to the Rolls- Royce reheat Spey engines from the Phantom. 

Additionally there are exhibits from the former RAF Baginton, now Coventry Airport, and many other exhibits from the region's rich industrial heritage from Armstrong Siddeley, Humber, Alvis and Rolls- Royce.

Also at the museum is the Argosy tea room for lunch indoors if required in addition to outdoor picnic tables.

Read more at
http://www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/

See you all then!!

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
thank you for sorting this Rich, you've been a massive help!

I'll add it to the itinerary on Facebook.
(12 Apr 2021, 20:59)Guinney1971 Wrote: Can everyone who books, email me with their name, Club membership number, car registration and how you
wish to receive your £20 refund.  As the HSBC app is absolutely useless, its probably going to be easier for me to
either give people cash on the day, or a cheque (how retro).

Is it OK to just have reduced membership next year?
Quote:Hello all, I have eventually been in touch with the Midland Air Museum and they are pleased to welcome us to the museum on Saturday 31st July 2021!

We are to arrive at around 11am to the museum beside Coventry Airport, to postcode. CV3 4FR, where we will qualify for a group entry discount and a personalised tour of the exhibition! The museum is around 45 minutes from Bicester for those staying over on the Friday night.
Well done Rich, thanks for your help on this it's very appreciated.

Quote:Is it OK to just have reduced membership next year?
Errr, probably. But to make it easier for me if you pay for the next year (the reduced amount) it will ensure I dont forget!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
No problem at all.it was only a few phone calls!

All I need to do is to let them know more accurate numbers of cars and people nearer the time.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Great stuff!
Glad I booked to stay on the Friday night as well seeing as it's a 11am start!

Right, I really need to book my Silverstone ticket for the Sunday...
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Quote:Right, I really need to book my Silverstone ticket for the Sunday...
Just to remind everyone the cut off date for the reduced rate is 31st May 2021, that's just a couple of days away.
This is a substantial reduction we have been offered so please make the most of it.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Ha! I'll be driving down from Rugby to Bicester on the Friday, and then all the way back up to Coventry on the Saturday, and then back down the road to Bicester again later on Saturday. Gonna be doing some miles. I did say I wanted to get some more miles under my belt.

Still; less miles than it would be if I was first driving down from Edinburgh! Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I've still not worked out the logistics yet, but I've booked a Silverstone ticket for the Sunday.
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Pre Covid - you used to be allowed to climb up into the cockpit of the Vulcan bomber for a guided tour. That was proper cool!
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
(30 May 2021, 18:36)jwrayth Wrote: I've still not worked out the logistics yet, but I've booked a Silverstone ticket for the Sunday.

thank you, I'll add you to my list of attendees Smile
Hi all,

In order to help with planning the folks at Midland Air Museum have asked if I can give them numbers of attendees in advance. Could I ask that people could let me know if they plan on coming along so I can get rough estimates to them please? Either on here or by private message or via Facebook.

Thank you, Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(07 Jun 2021, 14:35)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Hi all,

In order to help with planning the folks at Midland Air Museum have asked if I can give them numbers of attendees in advance. Could I ask that people could let me know if they plan on coming along so I can get rough estimates to them please? Either on here or by private message or via Facebook.

Thank you, Rich

put me down for the air museum Rich H, i'll be around friday afternoon  Big Grin
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
It's a whole weekend's attendance for Leanne and I, so we'll be there too....provided we don't break down.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)