Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certificate of Origin - Can DOC help?
Hi, speaking to Trans Glob Logistics about importing and they have said:
"In order to prove that the vehicle was made in the UK, we would need some for of proof in the form of a certificate of Origin, which you can get from the British Motor Museum https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/heritage-certificates".
However, upon visiting the BMM website, DeLorean is not a marque that they list!
I have emailed them to see if they can otherwise help at all.

In the absence of that, however, has anyone in the club any experience of finding any such certificate, or does perchance the club 'go into bat' on behalf of members to 'prove' (/certify?) that all DMCs (other than a few really late ones built in the US from parts after the liquidation) were made in the UK?

I see, for reference, that DVLA will take into account a certification from Members' Clubs regarding vehicle registrations (see link below), so I wondered if the Club had similar swing on the 'when it was built' topic..
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...150920.pdf

Or is there a document somewhere which simply lists VIN numbers and shows where they were built?

Grateful, as ever, for any help or advice!

Cheers,

Ivan.
Can you give me the Vin number?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(26 Feb 2021, 12:38)Chris P Wrote: Can you give me the Vin number?

Chris:
Yes!  2045.
Fingers crossed!

(26 Feb 2021, 12:42)lordivanhoe Wrote:
(26 Feb 2021, 12:38)Chris P Wrote: Can you give me the Vin number?

Chris:
Yes!  2045.
Fingers crossed!
Sorry, full number:
SCEDT26T9BD002045
I imported mine in 2006, been through my old emails to see how it was done as I didn't have any issues. I used Trans Global Logistics for shipping and they put me in touch with a company called Forwarding Europe who handled everything at Southampton including VAT. There was one simple form they asked me to fill in.

Of course things might have changed since then.

Ian
Ian Beattie, Cumbria
Vin#2703 Aug 81 manual with black interior, grooved hood and gas flap
DOC 875
Still trying to find my vin list info........give me a short while.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(27 Feb 2021, 08:22)Chris P Wrote: Still trying to find my vin list info........give me a short while.

Sure, thank you Chris!

(26 Feb 2021, 22:56)igb Wrote: I imported mine in 2006, been through my old emails to see how it was done as I didn't have any issues. I used Trans Global Logistics for shipping and they put me in touch with a company called Forwarding Europe who handled everything at Southampton including VAT. There was one simple form they asked me to fill in.

Of course things might have changed since then.

Ian
Thanks, Ian, I'll look them up as well!

(26 Feb 2021, 12:23)lordivanhoe Wrote: Hi, speaking to Trans Glob Logistics about importing and they have said:
"In order to prove that the vehicle was made in the UK, we would need some for of proof in the form of a certificate of Origin, which you can get from the British Motor Museum https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/heritage-certificates".
However, upon visiting the BMM website, DeLorean is not a marque that they list!
I have emailed them to see if they can otherwise help at all.

In the absence of that, however, has anyone in the club any experience of finding any such certificate, or does perchance the club 'go into bat' on behalf of members to 'prove' (/certify?) that all DMCs (other than a few really late ones built in the US from parts after the liquidation) were made in the UK?

I see, for reference, that DVLA will take into account a certification from Members' Clubs regarding vehicle registrations (see link below), so I wondered if the Club had similar swing on the 'when it was built' topic..
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...150920.pdf

Or is there a document somewhere which simply lists VIN numbers and shows where they were built?

Grateful, as ever, for any help or advice!

Cheers,

Ivan.

Ps just a footnote, out of interest; the motor museum came back to me and did indeed refer me to the club!
They were all built in Dunmurry, i'm looking for my vin list..ive had some issues with my computer....
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yes it's something the club can do for it's members. Normally a 'dating certificate' is only required upon importation. Drop me an email with what your after; secretary@deloreans.co.uk

Chris W
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(27 Feb 2021, 17:29)Chris Williams Wrote: Yes it's something the club can do for it's members. Normally a 'dating certificate' is only required upon importation. Drop me an email with what your after; secretary@deloreans.co.uk

Chris W

Thank you most kindly, Chris; will do!
Ivan