Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordering from DeLorean.eu?
Hi all, has anyone ordered anything from Ed at DeLorean.eu since Brexit? I am after a couple of things which DGo don't stock.

There are lots of stories of people getting hit for big import  charges and VAT ( not specifically from Ed but just generally)

BBC News - Brexit parcel price shock: 'I had to pay £30 for a gift'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55752541

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences.

Cheers, Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I had quite a bit of foresight on this exact same issue, and made sure i could think of as many things as possible which i may want to buy from anywhere in Europe, and stumped up the dough to buy it all last year before Brexit kicked in proper. We could all see this coming, and now it's here. So...

I've got things on my Ebay wish list which jumped up in price overnight, quite literally. E.g £51 on Dec 31st and now £62 from Jan 1st. I've also been on some websites for car stuff already (within the first few days of the beginning of the year) which i've used more than once already in the past, (they're even a .co.uk extension!), yet now, if you go to that company website, they automatically detect you're from the UK, and basically say "we're not dealing with you lot in the UK any more, but for everyone else WELCOME, and enjoy as usual".

Welcome to Brexit. It's going to be just as bad buying from the EU as it is the US now i fear. I hope this situation is semi-temporary, but my fear is, why should it be!? I think this is it now.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Ive sent 2 parcels to the EU........I'm wondering how that will workout. I understand that there is a £130 limit on tax free exports from the UK.....but could be wrong.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I bit the bullet before Xmas and ordered a 1:18 model car from Poland as it was £15 cheaper then the UK seller, the postage was
£9.90 tracked (and it arrived in 3 days after I ordered it on 18 December).
I checked the other day, shipping to UK is now £17.90, and I've no idea if there would be customs fees on top of that once it arrives
with the Royal Mail/UK Courier.
Welcome to Brex$hit Britain!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I've just ordered from Ed; he'll strip the 21% VAT once you order. You'll have to pay ours, and the new duties on arrival just like you would with the US.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Thats good to know Dan
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
My parcel to Norway attracted VAT at the other end, despite me describing it as a sample.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian