Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and looking to view a Delorean (Scotland)
Hi folks,

Like you all, I have been an avid DMC fan since my youth. Having dreamed of one of these cars for 20 odd years, I am now almost in a position to make a purchase. Probably going to be going down the project road but realise after much reading that I could find myself in a rather expensive rabbit hole. A classic car dealer friend has suggested before even getting serious about buying I should really see one up close and get some expert advice from an owner on the pros and cons of being a delorean keeper. 

I am up in Scotland (Dundee), so if there is anyone up North who would be kind enough to let me come and have a look/chat or better still someone who may be prospectively selling? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

James
The nearest person to you is another chap called James. He's in Dunfermline, so not far from you really. I'm sure he'll pipe in, but if not, i'll give him a heads up about your enquiry.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Not Scotland (but close) there is/was as it keeps coming up for sale a D for sale near Chester-le Street that may be worth a view. It's a bit overpriced IMHO but the more of them you can view the better.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(30 Nov 2020, 20:32)Chris Williams Wrote: Not Scotland (but close) there is/was as it keeps coming up for sale a D for sale near Chester-le Street that may be worth a view. It's a bit overpriced IMHO but the more of them you can view the better.
Chris

Thanks Chris I shall look out for this.

(30 Nov 2020, 17:00)Rissy Wrote: The nearest person to you is another chap called James.  He's in Dunfermline, so not far from you really.  I'm sure he'll pipe in, but if not, i'll give him a heads up about your enquiry.

Thank you Rissy, much appreciated!

James
Hey, I'm the James that Rissy mentioned. I'll fire you a wee PM just now Smile
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757