Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Cars for Sale and Prices
Our Hi everyone, Having been away from the owners club for a number of years after selling my 81 in 2010 I have just rejoined. What are the chances of finding a UK car on as a rolling project these days or should I be looking at the USA?  Am I correct in thinking that VAT and import duty is now only a one off 5% fee of the purchase price if importing from the states if using a BTI?
Thanks, Dave
There are very few 'Cheap" one's in the UK currently, however the current situation could change that.   Projects have been making £25k recently. My advice would be to get your money instantly available and be prepared to move very quickly, if one should pop up.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks Chris, this is good to know. Cheers, Dave
I saw a 10k project car in the US the other day but unfortunately it had major frame damage supposedly due to both rear fenders being practically crushed. But i think still best place for a project for cheap is USA especially now. But i agree with Chris P, get money together and be ready to jump quick if one appears
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
(11 May 2020, 10:14)theningiachicken Wrote: I saw a 10k project car in the US the other day but unfortunately it had major frame damage supposedly due to both rear fenders being practically crushed. But i think still best place for a project for cheap is USA especially now. But i agree with Chris P, get money together and be ready to jump quick if one appears

Thanks. I saw that one too. Looked rough didn’t it. Shame. Thanks for getting back. Cheers
The states are the best place to look currently although the last couple of projects are like that 10k one recently. Theyve needed some serious work. There was 2 projects last year around £22k in the UK, one was missing the engine and the other was in pieces. They took a few months to sell. Its been a while since ive seen a rolling restoration and that sold within a few days of being listed. Those types are rare and when one appears, you need to be quick.

Keep an eye on the beverley hills car club site. They usually have deloreans in various stages crop up often. Its where i got my car from

And yes, using the BTI form you will only pay 5% of what you paid for the car. It was the case for me when i imported 5219 last year (i mention it briefly in the current owners magazine).
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Thanks. It was reading your article that I found out about the BTI. So the 5% covers all vat and duties, is that right? That’s really good compared to when I bought mine in 2007. Hope your restoration is going well and thanks again. Cheers
You have to pay a shippers fee also iirc for unloading of the vehicle.

And thanks. The restoration is getting there. Its on the road and im enjoying it
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
A friend found this one in a garage called overbrook in Chipping Camden back in Feb. They wanted 25k for it, not sure it's worth that but if they still have it they may be up for an offer?[Image: 3fc9fe203948ee48f666bbd4d00ed79c.jpg][Image: 9ef2577b38c87108a16aeac581382722.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
£25k!!!  err, I dont think so..........

That looks like it needs a full restoration, the fascias need repairing, cant see the interior, no idea if the engine/gearbox/fuel system etc works, it needs rear lights (assuming they are not in a box somewhere)...........  I see that at well under £20k, but hey I could be totally out of touch with what project cars go for now, its 18yrs since I paid £2865 (plus shipping) for #2292..............
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thats an £18k car i would say just going by those 2 pictures
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Think this is the one listed on eBay for £39,995 (recomissioned)?
Really? Thats a quick turnaround
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Overbrook currently have one for sale on ebay, I guess the same one, though £40k

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
What's the VIN number?