Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurofest 2021. Cancelled
Just seen this count me in...
Just found this film by Robert Lamrock of the 2001 event  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Sp14JcvJ8. Some of our newer members may not have seen it before.

I was there with my wife and son Robert, who was driving AXI 1698.  I was driving "Dusty" the RHD barn car. This was its first ever run out...it only 4 miles on the clock when I set off from Derby for Northern Ireland.

We all had an amazing time, which we can all do again in 2021.

Dusty was  the car on its own at Giants causeway.

(i've lost a bit of weight since then....and and my facial hair...)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Love it, thanks so much for posting that one Chris, I haven't seen it before, cant believe that production quality video has so few views.
(11 Sep 2019, 09:08)er1c Wrote: Love it, thanks so  much for posting that one Chris, I haven't seen it before, cant believe that production quality video has so few views.

I think it was only posted up late in 2017.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Uploaded on my birthday  Big Grin

I hadnt seen it before either.

I look forward to 2021 and taking my car back to its birth place. Itll be the first time in 40yrs that the car will have been there.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
I was there in 2001 and 2006 (and I'm in the DeLorean Fever Film in my previous life as passenger in DGS803X).
Hoping against hope that #2292 will be back on the road for 2021, but its been off the road for 3yrs already with a blown engine whilst we do the building work needed.
Hopefully we can make a start on stripping the engine donor and prepping #2292 for its body off restoration in the New Year (not saying which year though lol)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I should be finished with my #vin4454 restomodification. Count me in. Now I have a deadline Big Grin
Marek "Reinsch" Kaminski
Reinsch Engineering Limited

Owner of #4454 - Restomod build in progress

Facebook group "Delorean vin 4454"
Good luck Reinsch, but we all know deloreans have a lot of spanners they like to throw
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
https://www.tickettailor.com/events/euro...ean/261981
(05 Mar 2020, 22:39)ROBLAMROCK Wrote: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/euro...ean/261981

already signed up for early bird price notifications  Big Grin Big Grin
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Could anyone be able to tell me roughly how much the tickets were last time and if the tickets are per person or per car also would we be staying at the same place all week

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
since the tickets for Eurofest have been delayed do you guys think it will still take place next year or not and if if it still is what is our plan in regards to hotel and ferry? are we group booking or individually booking?

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Who knows if it will happen?! And indeed what the rules on being aboard ferries will even be?!

In the past people have booked ferries etc individually as there are several different routes and times which will suit different people based on where they live and what their plans are before and after the event. For example, we'll probably be staying for a few days afterwards.

We go over fairly often for family, and have been via Liverpool, Birkenhead and Holyhead to either Belfast or Dublin, and once from Stranraer to Larne. It has all depended on timings and any special offers! The overnight one from Liverpool to Belfast has often worked out best for us as we can get there after work, have supper on board, off to the cabin, and wake up in Belfast at about 630 am. It's generally twice the price of a day sailing but it saves you a day of kicking your heels for 9 hours.

Holyhead to Dublin is shorter at sea, but depending on where you are based, it's possibly a longer drive on both sides, so, door to door time, it probably doesn't save a great deal. (And add a few Euros for tolls). There's also a route from Pembrokeshire too to SE Ireland but then you have to drive the length of the country and circumnavigate Dublin.

But its not like there will be hundreds of us going so we might not get much of a group discount anyway. Last Eurofest I went on there were about 5 De's on the same boat.

Getting a large group of us on board the ferry at the same time would however be fun and would create some great photo opportunities on the car deck and in the bar! In fact last time I remember one of the dock hands saying that P&O had booked a photographer to capture the unloading moment, but that he hadn't turned up!

Personally I think it might be a case of looking where and when suits you as an individual, then saying Right, I'm on this boat, at this time, who wants to join me?

The event generally takes place around the Europa hotel in central Belfast and IIRC you could book it at a discounted rate including secure parking through the Eurofest organisers. There are a couple of cheaper hotels within walking distance too. I don't know if I'll stay in the hotel or with the in-laws about 5 miles out. Probably the hotel, for the atmosphere etc.

Anyway, just my personal thoughts as a Eurofest veteran and occasional traveller to N. I. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
So when do you think will be the best time to book the ferry and hotel now since everything is on hold as the organisers are very quiet since announcing the delay would it be best to book the hotel and ferry months before or once they reopen?

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
I think wait and see, nothing will be said whilst chaos rules so there is no point planning, you could book but you risk the money and the discount the group would get. If I were a guessing man I would think it may shift a few months back, or perhaps a year. I think I recall the factory was expanding and the track would be built on, I would guess that's all on hold now. Firms are worrying about surviving rather than expanding.

Good info there Rich, If I am up and running by then I would opt for the Liverpool overnight one, it sounds a lot easier.

Annoyingly whilst my tub is on the bricks birds are pecking my foam out of front bumper at an alarming rate....