Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framing John Delorean movie
Hi all just going through twitter yesterday and the John Delorean movie has been fully announced with a release date of june 7th in select cinemas and "on Demand"?

heres the link to the twitter post
https://twitter.com/IFCFilms/status/11033147757848043547848

what do you guys think of the trailer and who's being cast as John Delorean and his family
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
It looks interesting. Clever title. It seems to be a movie about a movie being made about DeLorean. (Like a documentary style) Hence the double meaning of the word "Framing" in the title.

I think Baldwin looks great done up like JZD!

I'll be looking forward to seeing this. Another profile raise for the car? Perhaps even values? We shall wait and see.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi Will,

Tamir Ardon, who is well known in DeLorean circles is mostly responsible for this.

He's been working on it for 15 years (a bit like our book).   We helped him with photo's etc.

Looking forward to seeing it.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(07 Mar 2019, 14:35)Chris P Wrote: Hi Will,

Tamir Ardon, who is well known in DeLorean circles is mostly responsible for this.

He's been working on it for 15 years (a bit like our book).   We helped him with photo's etc.

Looking forward to seeing it.

I found that out when I went onto Dmctalk.com forum and saw the thread on there earlier.
Should be good knowing its technically been made by us (owners/fans) rather than a corporation, really looking forward to watching it when its out
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
I'm looking forward to seeing it, I hope Chris and And and the DOC UK get a mention in the credits Wink
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I'm sure we will Claire... Smile.    https://www.entermyworld.com/gallery/dmc-rhd

Tamir's OK.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Tamir is a great guy, I remember chatting to him at a Eurofest event many years ago.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
UK TRAILER & RELEASE DATE REVEALED
FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN

“An absorbing documentary, with Alec Baldwin popping up in dramatic re-enactments, adds new insight to the inspiring and scandalous saga of John DeLorean, the auto magnate who got too high on his dream.” VARIETY

“The film is hugely impressive. DeLorean is a persuasive advocate of his own greatness, the hero of his own narrative” –
SCREEN INTERNATIONAL 

AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL DOWNLOAD 29 JULY 2019
WATCH THE UK TRAILER HERE: https://youtu.be/UYtIokKYqbY

Starring ALEC BALDWIN, MORENA BACCARIN and JOSH CHARLES
With contributions from former colleagues, employees, lawyers, friends and family

Directed by: DON ARGOTT & SHEENA M. JOYCE (The Art of The Steal, Batman & Bill)
Produced by: TAMIR ARDON (XYZ Films, 9.14 Pictures)

The fascinating documentary-drama is the first ever re-enactment of the meteoric rise and fall of high-flying automotive executive, John DeLorean.  Unlike a regular feature documentary, FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN is a unique documentary/feature hybrid, including traditional talking heads and archival footage woven in with reconstructed scenes of key moments in John DeLorean’s life, played by Alec Baldwin (The Cooler, The Departed, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

Also starring Morena Baccarin (Deadpool, Homeland, The Mentalist) and Josh Charles (Dead Poet’s Society, S.W.A.T, Four Brothers), the film includes feature interviews with a wide range of individuals who knew DeLorean, including former colleagues, employees, lawyers, friends and two of DeLorean’s children, Zach and Kathryn.

Genius. Failure. Saviour. Liar. A story so shocking it reads like the plot of a Hollywood movie. John DeLorean was a maverick who defied the industry to create the DeLorean Motor Company, and bring to life his vision of a futuristic car, which was plagued with disaster from the start. In an effort to keep his business and jet setting lifestyle afloat, he became embroiled in an FBI sting operation and appeared to be caught red handed, exchanging millions for the transportation of cocaine. This is the true story of greed and endless ambition behind the car that would become one of the biggest cult item of the 1980s.

FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN IS AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL DOWNLOAD IN THE UK FROM 29TH JULY 2019

#FramingJohnDeLorean

NOTES TO EDITORS

About UPHE Content Group
Headquartered in London, UPHE Content Group is a repertoire centre of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, acquiring and producing multi-genre entertainment for distribution across theatrical, home entertainment, television and digital platforms on a worldwide basis.  UPHE Content Group is part of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE – www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). UFEG produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms, as well as consumer products, interactive gaming and live entertainment. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Brand Development, Fandango and DreamWorks Animation Film and Television.  UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.  NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.

FOR ALL PUBLICITY ENQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT ORGANIC:
Gill.Littler@organic-publicity.co.uk / 0207 052 1279
Julia.Nowicka@organic-publicity.co.uk / 0207 052 1271
Jack.Wiggs@ organic-publicity.co.uk / 0207 052 1202
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Tamir has given me a lovely big essay and photos for the next club mag. Good guy!
So no cinema run for us then?
Michael Sutton - Brighouse, West Yorkshire
DOC 926
VIN 4400
(21 May 2019, 15:47)Pikey07 Wrote: So no cinema run for us then?

The good folk of Belfast will have the opportunity to attend the Irish premier on the 14th of June.

Tickets can be purchased here - https://belfastfilmfestival.org/?sf_paged=4
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
There is a press screening of this movie in London next week and the UK distributors will be organising events during July with the 'probable' requirement for stock DeLoreans to be in attendance to help with publicity (and no doubt free tickets) however nothings firmed up as yet.

The Befast showing is on the 14th June: Screening of 'Framing John DeLorean' at the Belfast Odeon at 6.45pm. There is a discount of 10% off tickets via: 10% off code: deloreanowners10,

Tickets:

https://belfastfilmfestival.org/films/f ... n-delereon

As soon as I have any other info I will post it up (regarding the July showings) At the moment I have no other info than above, clearly the distributors are very keen to get as much publicity as they can, but I don't know about what if any security would be in place for the cars if on display. From past events however they have 'usually' provided good security.

In the next club magazine we have an exclusive interview with Tamir Ardon a well known figure in the DeLorean community and one of the producers of the film.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Article on the film with interview of directors:

https://jalopnik.com/framing-john-delore...1835253780
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
I watched it last night on TV and really enjoyed it. Tamir has done a great job and he comes across really well as a sort of narrator and story teller. Barris Willis is in it quite a bit and there are a couple of former factory workers too but the film isn't the history of the factory, per se, although that obviously plays a major part in it. As the title implies, the storyline swirls around the drug bust, surprising interviews with the FBI agents and the effect that all had on JZDs family.

There are some poignant parts with Bill Collins and Zach DeLorean that are well worth seeing.

Most obvious to me is the trust all of these major characters had in Tamir to allow their story to be told correctly.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Really looking forward to seeing this. Have seen a few mentions online of people seeing it via torrents and file rips but I will wait for the film to be legitimately available on the 29th July as want to support the work of Tamir and crew.

Would be up for attending a screening as well, perhaps we can make it a mini-meet?
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk