Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC Classic Motor Show 2018
Hey all - are there any plans for the club to go back to the NEC Classic Motor Show this year?

Sorry if this has already been brought up - I just got an email about the event so thought I'd post

Cheers!
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
Yep, there is an advert in the last and next club magazine.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Perhaps we should have a roll-call of who is going.

I'll start -ME! Though not sure if it will be for the whole weekend yet, not booked a hotel or anything yet.
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
mmmme
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
and mmmmme, fri and Sunday
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hotel booked for the whole weekend, Thu-Sun (Birmingham Airport Travelodge)
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
I'll be going, but as usual, just on the Sunday for the day.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
We'll be there on Sunday, although spreading ourselves between the DOC, Renault Owners Club, Cavalier & Chevette Club
and the Matra Enthusiasts Club.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi guys - making the epic 4 hour journey ( not in the D ) to the NEC a week Friday - staying the night in the bromsgrove Travelodge ( talked my wife out of coming so a nice day at the show in peace ) so do  I just use the code from club magazine saving -!: save £5.50 and hand stub in to club stand ?Sure I read that somewhere.
yes, if you can hand in your stub to Chris W at the show that would be great.
I'm hoping to come but have been having trouble with my eyes recently that might prevent me. Hopefully they won't
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
I have a pair of complementary tickets available for the Friday only if any club member would like them (or 2 individuals) Please PM Now claimed me through the forum and I will 'try' to find a fair way to allocate them. Please only ask for them if you can definitely use them and they are only good for the Friday

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Folks... 
It's a long time since I posted on here, and I temporarily have my Facebook account deactivated until after this event. 
It is the first time that BLM2Y (VIN 16327) has been out on a proper long run since the NEC in 2012, and there was a dampener on that weekend as my heater core had decided to give up on arrival.. Some of you may remember... 

Anyway  that was all sorted over a few months when I got back, and checking the mot history  the car hasn't covered more than about 300 miles since then, 200 of them were to and from the NEC back then... She went through the Mot with no advisories last Saturday, and she's taxed and ready for the journey over on Thursday. 

The car will be displayed on the DOC stand  and I'll be bringing my girlfriend Rachel for the 3 days. She is a keen delorean and back to the future fan, and has several classic cars of her own.. She has been very much into the whole car show and rally scene over the years, and I couldn't think of anyone more special to spend the weekend with, aside you guys of course! 

I am staying in a hotel in Coleshill which is about 5 miles from the NEC, and I call upon anybody who could possibly assist myself and Rach with any transport to and from the hotel . I remember last time, I managed to wing it for a few days, got a bus the one day, a taxi the next, but it's these logistics that are the most inconvenient and expensive.. 

Anybody passing that way early in the morning or at the end of the day, I'd rather do a deal with you, so let me know! 

Looking forward to it guys, catching up with you all.. 

There's been a lot of changes for me in the last year, and even though tables have turned  I've still managed to have all six of my cars and both motorcycles on the road this year. 

I'm still available on Facebook messenger, so all my Facebook friends on here can still DM me.. Just not my profile... 

Thanks guys... See you soon! 

TheOriginalMrP ™ 

Benjamin Lee Matthews
Hi Ben, cant help with logistics sadly, but it'll be great to see you again and meet the lovely lady who has made you so happy x
Quote:Looking forward to it guys, catching up with you all.. 
Looking forward to it mate, have a safe journey up. Unfortunately I'm staying in the opposite direction so cant help. I cant remember where Mike & Mary stay but that may work, if not we can sort it out at the time.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584