Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all!
Hi everyone! Hope you are all well.

I've been a forum member for the last 10 years, but haven't posted much as I have always been looking to buy my own D, but couldn't due to living in London.

I had a D at my wedding (thanks Chris H!) - that was awesome!

Anyway, I've now moved to the countryside and have a driveway and garage - finally I can start looking for a D - yay!

I've joined the club - looking forward to getting the mag and a few back issues.

I'll post on the car buying forum, but I think I'm set on getting a manual, black interior, grooves, no gas-flap - not sure how easy it will be! Think I do want to do a bit of work on it - even if I can physically do much myself - do want to learn :-)

Cheers!

Priesh
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
Welcome Priesh!
Generally, the black interior cars had the gas flap hood which included the grooves as standard. The flat bonnet with no grooves, is as a general rule, the last 82/83 model cars, which tended to have a grey interior.
Good luck in your search for a car.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Unfortunately (for you) the price of cars has about doubled in the last 10 years. Good luck.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(04 Sep 2017, 14:06)Guinney1971 Wrote: Welcome Priesh!
Generally, the black interior cars had the gas flap hood which included the grooves as standard. The flat bonnet with no grooves, is as a general rule, the last 82/83 model cars, which tended to have a grey interior.
Good luck in your search for a car.

Ah! Thanks for the info - will have to decide which I prefer then. Can you change the bonnet or would you have fitment issues?

(04 Sep 2017, 15:26)Chris P Wrote: Unfortunately (for you) the price of cars has about doubled in the last 10 years. Good luck.

Yeah gone are the days of getting one cheap - wish I could have gotten one back in the day, but at least I'm ready to find one now ☺

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
You can swap bonnets around, its not uncommon tbh, and Chris Nicholson I believe as even put gas flaps in bonnets before too - we've even toyed with the idea of 2 gas flaps on my car for when we do the LPG conversion alongside the engine swap and frame resto lol
(05 Sep 2017, 16:18)Guinney1971 Wrote: You can swap bonnets around, its not uncommon tbh, and Chris Nicholson I believe as even put gas flaps in bonnets before too - we've even toyed with the idea of 2 gas flaps on my car for when we do the LPG conversion alongside the engine swap and frame resto lol

That's good to know - tbh I have not seen on in the flesh with a gas flap - might think it's fine you never know!

Will have to try and come to the next club meet and get a good look Smile

Where are you based Priesh?

We've got the Manchester show in a few weeks, then the NEC in mid November.

Hopefully there will be a selection of bonnets for you to look at Smile
I'm down in Bucks - I'll check the details of the upcoming meets and see if I can get myself to one of them