Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screamin yellow..thinking of bidding
Hi Guys

i assume you have seen screamin yellow up again...any thoughts...i am thinking of bidding...she needs saving (fire damage)

but if i did...would be looking back to stainless...

eninge likely would keep, not my first choice but if it works...

again not my first choice for car, but projects are scarce these days...

certainly looks saveable...and a few 2nd hand parts, dash, screen rear finishers to get driveable, then slowly restore other items...

what do you think?

steve

ex owner vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi Steve.

I saw that - and you are right, what with the pound/dollar exchange rate - project cars are few and far between in the Uk.

As long as you are happy with the price - get it ... I assume the frame is ok - that was a big issue for me, and the main reason I bought my project car.

Kevin
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
Ron, the PO, seems to think it is savable, but others are not so sure.

Supposedly the engine turns over, which seems surprising, but I would expect to rebuild the upper part just to be sure.

The frame should be OK as the fire was above the car. Or at least the frame should be in pre-fire condition, whatever that was.

(I too have dreamed about buying it, but I would keep it yellow - it's such a well known car, particularly if you get the trailer too).
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
hi
from the write up...it runs with fuel in intake...

don't know if they have checked pump, and fuel cut off...if it still has one.

it looks better in recent photos...although need to be careful someone with a hot gun has not heated plastics and bent back to make it look better.

most interior is still intact so i am guessing not too much heat got to it....just perhaps some collapsing roof on fire?. doors seem to open, and hold ok and look aligned correctly.

screen gone and i assume needs a dash, those two around £500 new.

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370