Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another New Purchase Sinclair C5
Hi All.

As some of you may be aware, I am very into collecting the strange and unusual. 

So my next purchase reflects this, and it was only after doing some research, I realised how many things in common these things share with the DeLorean.

So here it is in all its glory! 

[Image: c5CUT_2518959b.jpg]

I've not owned one of these before, so if anyone has, any advice will be appreciated.

Manufactured in 1985, the C5 has a Lotus Designed Chassis, Barrie Wills worked on the project for Sir Clive Sinclair, and they was looking to build these at the site in Dunmurry where the DeLorean was built some years after production of the car ceased in 1982. 

It is a minter, converted to a regular leisure battery, with some of the dealer options fitted... I think i'll have a lot of fun with it before 
its hoarded! This is not a picture of mine, but images will follow when i collect! 

Enjoy, and thanks for looking!
Nice one Ben  Smile

After reading about your new purchase, I'd like to thank you for making me look at C5 youtube clips for the last hour  Rolleyes
Very interesting history and the factory isn't too far away from you...
Does yours have the rare wing mirrors and did you find it locally?

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi Stu.

The factory was in Merthyr Tydfil which is about half an hour away. It was a Hoover factory with a special secret area for production. You can read all about it on Wikipedia.

And no, I haven't got mirrors or the long flagpole that some had on the rear. Them mirrors are 500 quid a pair!
There is a guy in Canada has one too, even has a carrying rack for it

Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Barrie Wills was also involved with the C5!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian