Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars That Made Britain Great
Anyone else watching this Channel 5 tosh. Brushed Aluminium! Big Grin 
Doors not correctly designed.... : Rolleyes I haven't laughed so much in ages!

At least Quentin "Lowest ever score on Strictly"  Wink Willson appeared to think twice 
about having a pop about the D'. But still did in the end.

What on earth did they do to apparently break the car they tested?

Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Most of the following comments have been made on Facebook but might as well put them on hear as well. I was approached early this year to allow them to take some static shots of my car for a programme, I allowed this on condition that QW was not involved. They told me he would not be, low and behold after a change in producers I was mortified to see him in the first few programmes. Fortunately he came out with nothing but his normal 'tosh'. Martin G told me over facebook about Dom Joly driving around in a 'D' but I had not been told about it or seen anything about it until tonight. The car was the one from 'The Love Of Cars' show. I'm 100% sure that they were told to change the lower ball joints especially as he had the LCA's off to do work on them. I'm guessing they didn't! Either way I'm sure it's been fitted with a proper set now.
In the end it was not as bad as I feared unlike some of the rubbish they had talked about on some of the other cars. The Lagonda for example, the black one they kept showing was (IIRC) nothing like the factory ones.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yes indeed it was that car, I was talking to its owner, this time last at Buck house. ( they brought 3 cars alone including  a AML Lagonda) which parked next to me.  This is the  car that Ant Anstead made a big fuss about strengthening up the front  suspension.  As you say Chris, its a pity he didn't start with the basics.

Attached Files Image(s)

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Unbelievable. I remember watching the For Love of Cars and thought they had gone over the top on the
front suspension! 

I almost thought it was a set up. Always go for the conspiracy theory  Big Grin

Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Nick, your theory was not too far off the mark for the auction, but the breakdown was real enough !
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
As I said on FB, I watched it head in hands, and as for the slagging the the AM Lagonda got, that was way over the top. I love those!! If I owned one, I'd be feeling pretty insulted by now!!

Barrie Wills recounted confronting Quentin Willson at the NEC, and then having QW's Minders 'approach him aggressively', shows what sort of guy he really is if he cant take criticism like the way he dishes it out.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie