Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dipped headlights deciding not to work!
The cars been running great but the other night I needed to put dipped beam on and it decided not to work-no fuses blown,no burning and the dips come on with the main beam fine,I have the DMC updated light switch fitted (5 amp  fuse) and have had no probs with it over the 2 years it's been in.
Took everything apart today,no loose connections etc, just no dipped beam.
Any ideas folks?
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=84&d=1306264501]

Referencing the above; Have you checked Fuse 14 and the dipped beam relay? Grounds must be good if it works via the main beams so it must be on the feed side.
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
(22 Feb 2016, 11:18)jwrayth Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=84&d=1306264501]

Referencing the above; Have you checked Fuse 14 and the dipped beam relay? Grounds must be good if it works via the main beams so it must be on the feed side.

The fuse was the first thing I checked Jay,haven't checked the relay though-I'll swap it out with a spare one later. Thanks!??
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!