Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel filler nozzle
For every car I can think of where I have filled with fuel it has been a simple case of 'stick in the nozzle and off you go' Big Grin

I don't think I have every filled a DeLorean besides my own but I find most of the time that the hand pump keeps clicking and stopping the pumping of fuel due to fuel collecting in the narrow curvy neck down to the tank. You get there in the end but it does slow down the overall job. Rotating the nozzle to ensure it is as deep as possible does help somewhat.

Does everyone else have this problem?
Anyone found a solution (apart from LPG :? Claire and Phill)
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
yes i have that that problem too, but my pet hate is when you rotate the nozzle from the pump holder to put it into the filler neck, all the fuel in the end of the nozzle pours out all over the hood :roll:

I dont like pushing the nozzle in too far... i remember it getting stuck rather badly once...
For me it doesn't just click and stop, it actually makes a fountain of petrol all over everything. Some pumps do it worse than others. I usually have to fill around half speed.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
I fill mine at half speed like Rottbot, not found another way.

I wonder if the curve of the petrol pump nozzle has changed over the years.

NickT.
And I thought is was only me that ended up with fuel all over the trunk carpet & in the well surrounding the filler neck, I feel much better now!!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Tee Hee so did i, I was too ashamed to admit it until now Smile Smile
Perhaps that's why it only works out at about 20mpg, rest of the stuffs in the spare wheel well
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
...so all we need to do is install a funnel into the fuel tank from the spare wheel well then Smile Smile