Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh Blood
Hello everyone.
I am pleased to finally be a part of this club and am excited at the thought of being an active member in the coming year, attending shows and events and hopefully getting to know some of you personally.
unfortunately I am currently DeLorean-less. however I hope to be able to change this very soon and fulfil a longstanding dream.
I live my life mostly offline and this is my first experience of a forum of any kind so please be gentle!

Simon
Welcome to the club! What area of the country are you in? There might be an owner near you who'd be willing to give you some tips or let you see their car!
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Hi Simon,

yes welcome. I'm a little bit like you, this is now my only regular interweb use, apart from eBay of course.

I'm in Derby and am always happy to receive visitors or talk on the phone. 01332 556464.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Welcome Simon!

I'm also a non owner looking to make that dream a reality myself.

The members here are very welcoming and generous with their time. We're all enthusiasts, whether we're owners or not.

Looking forward to meeting you at an event sometime in the New Year.

Also, Chris P has written an absolutely brilliant book with hundreds and hundreds of glossy photos. That's well worth a look if you haven't already bought one Smile

Cheers
Tris
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Thanks Tris..speaking of which someone sent me a link today about the book    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jzju_ygNk   and after you watched that there a couple of other great short films……...
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Great review of the book there. I've started to 'surf' YouTube myself lately.

There's some great short films from across the world on the DeLorean.

Martin Gutkowski has a great set of videos on a restoration of a DeLorean which was a very interesting watch.

Tris
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
(28 Dec 2015, 18:33)jwrayth Wrote: Welcome to the club! What area of the country are you in? There might be an owner near you who'd be willing to give you some tips or let you see their car!

Thanks! I live is Sleaford, Lincolnshire.
I have already been to meet Rich over near Derby and am aware there are a few more owners around the Nottingham area, who I hope to meet in due course. Are you near me?

Simon

(29 Dec 2015, 09:14)hello Chris, Thank you. We met at the Classic Car Show at the N.E.C not so long ago. I purchased one of your wonderful books and marvelled at your two vehicles.Yes eBay is a regular of mine also, but, more recently I am spending a lot of time on American sites looking for the perfect vehicle.I would love the opportunity to visit you in the new year, thank you for the kind offer Simon Wrote: Hi Simon,

yes welcome. I'm a little bit like you, this is now my only regular interweb use, apart from eBay of course.

I'm in Derby and am always happy to receive visitors or talk on the phone. 01332 556464.
hello Chris,
Thank you. We met at the Classic Car Show at the N.E.C not so long ago. I purchased one of your wonderful books and marvelled at your two vehicles.
Yes eBay is a regular of mine also, but, more recently I am spending a lot of time on American sites looking for the perfect vehicle.
I would love the opportunity to visit you in the new year, thank you for the kind offer
 Simon

(29 Dec 2015, 17:18)TristanC Wrote: Welcome Simon!

I'm also a non owner looking to make that dream a reality myself.

The members here are very welcoming and generous with their time. We're all enthusiasts, whether we're owners or not.

Looking forward to meeting you at an event sometime in the New Year.

Also, Chris P has written  an absolutely brilliant book with hundreds and hundreds of glossy photos. That's well worth a look if you haven't already bought one Smile

Cheers
Tris

Hello Tris,

Thank you. I have had the pleasure of meeting Rich from the Derby area who, like you say, was very generous with his time and was kind enough to give me my first ever DMC-12 experience! Was fantastic.

Yes, I already have the DeLorean Bible, bought from the man himself recently.

Until we meet...

Simon.
Hiya,

Phill and I are just down the road from Rich, I'm sure we can put together a DeLorean techy sesh for you
in the spring when its hopefully finally stopped raining.

We've got 2 cars here, mine is the same spec as Rich's, Phill's is a grey interior automatic, so if you wanted
it would be a good opportunity for you to go out in a manual car and an automatic one to get the feel of both.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
What an offer - happy days Simon Smile

Tris
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
I can bring a car along as well Claire…great fun.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(04 Jan 2016, 21:03)Guinney1971 Wrote: Hiya,

Phill and I are just down the road from Rich, I'm sure we can put together a DeLorean techy sesh for you
in the spring when its hopefully finally stopped raining.

We've got 2 cars here, mine is the same spec as Rich's, Phill's is a grey interior automatic, so if you wanted
it would be a good opportunity for you to go out in a manual car and an automatic one to get the feel of both.

Hello,

Yes, when Rich took me for a drive in his car he drove past your house, slowed, and pointed you out.

That is certainly a very exciting offer to me and I would love to take you up on it, thank you. I am fairly set on the idea of taking a State-side holiday and coming home with my very own one now. I believe the car will feel more my own if I do it this way, plus I get a holiday out of it too.

I am preferring an early 'gas flap' car, grey, manual, at this stage, but am keen to experience as many cars and speak with as many owners as possible before I make the commitment.

I see you are also a fellow Cavalier owner! Mine is a 1994 4X4 Turbo in Gun Metal grey. I have had the pleasure of owning it since 2009 and I love it.

I look forward to meeting you.

Simon

(05 Jan 2016, 08:53)Chris P Wrote: I can bring a car along as well Claire…great fun.

Thank you Chris that would be wonderful.
oh wow, you have the holy grail of Cavaliers!!!! So many got destroyed and broken for their engines
by Corsa/Nova owners Sad

Mines just a humble 1.6L with a few OEM upgrades, we've also got a 1.7TD that runs on cooking oil Smile

Would love to see your Cavalier Big Grin
(16 Jan 2016, 22:25)Guinney1971 Wrote: oh wow, you have the holy grail of Cavaliers!!!!  So many got destroyed and broken for their engines
by Corsa/Nova owners Sad

Mines just a humble 1.6L with a few OEM upgrades, we've also got a 1.7TD that runs on cooking oil Smile

Would love to see your Cavalier Big Grin

It is tucked away for the winter, but if we can arrange a get-together day then I will make sure it is back on the road. it is high milage shell and starting to show its age but is all original and 'honest'. I have full history, down to the pre delivery inspection sheet and can trace every owner. the engine was built from a bare block two years ago but am having issues with that and may start again with it.
Although I am upgrading it mechanically, I am keen on keeping it visually standard as I believe Vauxhall got it just right.

I saved it just in time as I found it being advertised as parts but the owner hadn't started dismantling it yet and no one had sent deposits, so I did, immediately, for the whole car! unseen!!
Took a risk but won.

I very much look forward to it being parked next to a DMC-12 in my garage in the future.
cool, I've had my Cavalier since October 2000, I took her in PX against a new Scenic from the original owner, paid £350 for her
with just 51,000 miles from new - she's got less then 85,000 miles now, and she was 26 in August - on her birthday I reunited
her with her original owner (soppy git lol).
I can recommend joining the Cavalier & Chevette Club if you haven't already, and attending the VBOA National Rally in July at
Billing Aquadrome Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

(17 Jan 2016, 00:47)Guinney1971 Wrote: cool, I've had my Cavalier since October 2000, I took her in PX against a new Scenic from the original owner, paid £350 for her
with just 51,000 miles from new - she's got less then 85,000 miles now, and she was 26 in August - on her birthday I reunited
her with her original owner (soppy git lol).
I can recommend joining the Cavalier & Chevette Club if you haven't already, and attending the VBOA National Rally in July at
Billing Aquadrome Smile

I may just do both of those. This is the first club I have ever joined, so is still a new experience for me.

I keep meaning to take a drive to the dealership that supplied it new. See if anyone was working there 22 years ago!

Attached Files Image(s)