Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tax Disc Display - LHD
I allways put mine bottom right hand corner, when it's not SORNED and I can afford it. Ahh thats the end of this month then :lol: Legally driving for the summer! At the worst I think your just gonna get stopped when they do random or tax camera checks, so long as it's taxed I dont think there would be a problem.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
with all this new ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) stuff out there, the authorities can see just by checking your numberplate if you've got a valid insurance, MOT and Tax. I did spot a traffic warden in Derby the other day checking tax discs as well as giving out parking tickets too (and she had a digital camera too - so there's no getting away with parking offences now!)

Anyway, long as I'm fit enough to drive her, I'll be taxing Flopsy for 1st June so that I can take her to Norfolk. The only time she'll come out of the garage before then is to go next door to the MOT station.... that reminds me, must get another washer pump (Rapey nicked the one I'd bought for Flopsy.... :roll: )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Dean,
Good to see you back, and on top of that with another DeLorean!

I mount my tax disc in the same place as Chris and Suzie and have never had a problem with the location from the police or other law enforcers.
looks nice an symetrical to the RHD cars!

Your avatar looks great. Do you use the States style plate on the road and have the police raised more than an eyebrow to it?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
mine is on the passenger side of the car.

This positioing of the disc is only thought about when the car is a RHD

Quote from DVLA "You must display this disc on the left-hand side of the vehicle's windscreen"

which side is the left?? from the drivers perspective or looking at the front side of the car ??

And from your quote above:-

"the disc should be exhibited on or adjacent to the near side of the windscreen (i.e the passenger side) If you think there are safety issues involved in displaying your disc on that location you can put it somewhere else on the window screen so long as it is visable and easily accessible for any law enforcement officer to inspect.

This states the passenger side of the windcreen, which is where mine is , it is of course in a clear and easily accessable position.

I put it on my drivers side origionally but thought it was a safety issue , blocking my view of the road ahead.

Personally i wouldnt worry about it Smile