Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTUAL Delorean Transformer
Further to the rather cool mock up in Issue 36 of DOC News, there is a guy in the US who actually MADE a Delorean transformer using one of the Lambourghini's.

He calls it Steelskin - very apt.

[Image: compare.jpg]

It's fun to read the pages of how he made it and why, and he even made up all the packaging for it!

Check it out at: http://www.johnspangler.com/steelskin/index.html

He regularly takes it around the Transformers conventions to show it off, and Im sure its also won some awards at some point.

Really interesting read, and the end product is brilliant - its a shame Hasbro never made any of the real thing!

Any chance that this could be added to the next issue of DOC News as a sort of continuance of the Transformers DMC story?
Richard Voisey

DOC Member 215

=W=
Im sure if they did make it, it would fly off the shelf !
Actually, I am sure there is an actual DeLorean Transformer figure!

I got one sitting in my house! But it's match box size though... wanna see pics? I will try to dig that out.

John
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
There is at least one official Transfomer DeLorean, and possibly another.

The one John is thinking about is the MicroMaster, called "Swindler" (one wonders why they chose that name for the figure... <sigh>) and he's a little grey toy standing about 2" high when changed.

There are another couple of Transformer cars, which look similer to DeLoreans (and are larger scale) but I don't think they are actually supposed to be DeLoreans.

I'll dig through my G1 Transformers collection tonight, have a look and take some pictures!
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
richardv Wrote:Any chance that this could be added to the next issue of DOC News as a sort of continuance of the Transformers DMC story?

Absolutely, I think it'll make a nice follow up article. Big Grin

If you guys manage to dig out any more DeLorean Transformers references or pictures and want them featured in the next issue of the mag, just send them to me via e-mail.

Cheers,
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
frostrobo Wrote:There is at least one official Transfomer DeLorean, and possibly another.

The one John is thinking about is the MicroMaster, called "Swindler" (one wonders why they chose that name for the figure... <sigh>) and he's a little grey toy standing about 2" high when changed.

Thanks Simon for clearing that up for me~ Big Grin

This is the figure I was on about:

[Image: swindler1.jpg]
[Image: swindler2.jpg]
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Hi Guys!

Now we're talking! Two of my biggest passions, DeLoreans & Transformers! Big Grin

I also have 'Swindler'. Funny thing is, he has been part of my G1 collection since I was a kid, and it was only up until a few years ago to my surprise I discovered that he actually was a DeLorean! :o

I have taken a piccie of him with my latest TF addition 'Masterpiece Megatron'! Megs is about 12" tall, so gives you an idea of just how tiny Swindler really is! Shock

[Image: IMG_2609.jpg]

Actually, I was going to save this for the club mag, as there's a very interesting story behind this that would fit perfectly in with when I finally get my stainless steel beauty, so watch this space! Big Grin

Also ironically, just before I saw the article in the latest club mag I had then started work over the Easter break on creating and drawing my own DeLorean Transformer! Shock When I get round to finishing it, I could put it in the club mag as a continuation to the last article if you like Phil? :wink:

Who's excited about the new Transformers movie in the summer then? I am looking forward to it now despite a lot of dodgy Michael Bay decisions and character designs, why do they have to mess with the basics! :roll: If I am honest though, I have to admit that after seeing the recent trailers/tv spots that have been released, it does look pretty incredible what they have done, and I'm slowly being swayed now! Shock

Right, better stop this before I unleash my inner geek...

D'oh too late! :oops:

Regards

Carl

Looking forward to seeing you all here in Norfolk again in June! 8)