Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RHD DeLorean For sale @ £42,000 VIN: 11382
From the owner:
Hello Chris, I want to sell my Delorean! I beleive you know this car. As you probably know,1 was sold over 1 year ago,at Coys of Kensington,and acheived the sum of £46,600 inclusive of buyers fee !! I am only looking for £42k for mine because could do with some electrical and air con. work (for quick sale) to preferably an existing OR new club member ! I have done less than 800 miles in car,since I purchased,current mileage around 9000 only!!! Since I have owned car,have spent money on it,buying parts etc./getting work done.body had been regrained at Delorean UK just a few years ago,looks good/drives well,in fact,took it to a classic car show today,very much admired by the public. Please you can direct any enquiries yourself OR pass on my details to any potential buyers. I am sure you are aware,cars like mine,very seldom come up for sale,and represent a good investment,especially since nowadays,even l.h.d. cars in average condition are achieving around the 30k price
Located Scotland.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
[*]Many of you will know this car. It was originally bought by Dave Rogers who had it converted 'AT' Wooler-Hodec ( before they too went bust) then It was owned for a long time by Mark Bourne….before heading north. Grey interior Manual. I don't think it still has the DMC 1J. reg.number.

A very good buy in my opinion.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
No pics?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
No, I've not seen it for a decade, but i'm assured it has been kept well, if not used much.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:DMC 1J. reg.number.
Has a private registration on at the moment so this will have to come off it. Robert really did not wish to have his phone number published to avoid being pestered however as it's now available on other sites then I suppose it wont make much difference: 07762 550 398 Car is located in Edinburgh.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
blimey, I remember Mark Bourne selling DGS803X to fund that car, DGS was £15k
back in 2001, and I don't think he paid much for then that for DMC1J!

Just shows how much prices/values have rocketed in last few years.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I agree Claire, but look what has happened to Aston Martin and E type prices in the last 5 years…let alone the last 15 years. Shock

I remember someone turning up out of the blue and offering And Withers 40 k for his RHD car… 6 years ago!………..got his cheque book out…wafting it about a lot and still left empty-handed! :roll:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
We saw this car at the weekend at a classic show. Looks ok, he's added the thick side decal, which makes it look different from the norm. Needs a few bits and pieces of work doing to bring it up to scratch, but don't they all?! I'd factor that into the price.
Med Venlig Hilsen
42K?

well coming from a DMB Newbie, fwiw here's my 2d worth.

The one that went for 45k (plus buyer’s premium) was initially purchased for 25k – didn’t even haggle on the price,. It instantly had its resale value increased dramatically by the fact that it was a “star” of the “For love of cars” tv prog.
(Nearly all the cars they worked on went for a world record price.)

The buyers’ market for D’s is limited albeit fed by a limited supply. The fact that it is a RHD means that the limited market is now smaller?
Maybe the bidder who lost out on the 45K D would be interested?

Out of my price range unfortunately.
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
Can't be affording this sucka! Nor would I want a show car - I couldn't keep it that way and have no time to attend shows Tongue
Now also on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281727500560? ... EBIDX%3AIT
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi all
as we are all enthusiasts and play fair to all, i think the ebay ad is sightly misleading

it does mention 1 of only 20 RHD, and makes out as if it is a 'factory' car.

however it should be made clear it is a post factory RHD, and in my mind this does affect the value (as in ChrisP's RHD or Peters ex bridgnorth car would be worth way above this one, a good 20%-30% i reckon)

we should be clear and transparent to all our members (now and future).

that does not mean negative comments, however we all want to know our cars history and its important to be upfront.

i know for sure i would be very annoyed having purchased such a car only to find it was not a genuine W-H car.

it is like me buying/importing a LHD now (say £20K, converting it over say £10k, then selling as a genuine RHD at £42k)

hope that doesn't offend anyone!

Steve
ex vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I must admit the condition of it came as a bit of a surprise to me. It used to be immaculate, but (Judging by the photo's) it been un-loved in the last few years.

It was not a Factory authorised RHD conversion, but it was converted to RHD for Dave Rogers during / just after receivership, by Wooler-Hodec. Never-the less, it has a very interesting history, which is better known than most other RHD's. Certainly it's a better bet than the RHD TV car.

In fact Dave Rogers got to know Woolers quite well, so much so that when Wooler-Hodec were involved with an auction to sell off all the DeLorean stuff they still had left, Dave bought 2 containers of spares, including one with the unregistered RHD car , now owned by Dave Howarth buried in the bottom!
The Americans bought the other two and Steve Wynn (who was working for another DeLorean dealer at the time) says he'd bought the wrong two!

The photo's are of the car in RHD form, before Mark B bought it. (ignore the dates on the photo's)

JUDGING BY THE CURRENT EBAY PRICE, SOMEONE COULD WELL BAG A BARGIN!!!! :wink:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
If we are being 'picky': it says in the eBay advert that if features in our book. It doesn't, there are references to Dave Rogers, but not vin 11382.

Only a small point I know. Might make £5 difference in its value? Sad ! ….I don't think so. :roll:

In my opinion anything less than £40K would be a steal……….Just my opinion of course….. Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Been watching this one on Ebay, it was just over £35k but now its £32k????????????
2014 Octavia VRS Hatch
2013 Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition
1965 Porsche 912 (One day this will be a DMC)