Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Motor Company
First off sorry if this is in the wrong section, or if there is a thread running on it, if so please point me in the right direction, but I wanted to ask about these guys and their "new" cars. I've been on their website a bunch of times and wondered how their cars had such low mileage and having just watched two short youtube videos I am kind of confused. Their cars are not actually DeLoreans as produced in 81-83 but remakes using original parts?? How do you guys feel about this and have any of you got one of the "new" ones?
Also how many are they aiming to make and what's this I hear about law suits against them?

Sorry if this is really old news to you guys, but having always loved and wanted the car, it's really only recently I've started learning all about the history and legacy.

Cheers.
"If you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything" ~ McFly family
Can you please share their website URL or company name?
Unless anything has changed…..my understanding is that because of type approval type laws and regulations, they are basically 'rebuilds' . Often bringing in improvements and upgrades, but using many, indeed …most original parts obtained and stored after the factories closure. My main problem would be the cost / price of them.

DMC Houston are the biggest Delorean dealership/stockist in the world, so they should know what they are doing.,
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Unless anything has changed…..my understanding is that because of type approval type laws and regulations, they are basically 'rebuilds' . Often bringing in improvements and upgrades, but using many, indeed …most original parts obtained and stored after the factories closure. My main problem would be the cost / price of them.

DMC Houston are the biggest Delorean dealership/stockist in the world, so they should know what they are doing.,
Ok, cheers Chris. Price aside, would you buy one?
Meghna Wrote:Can you please share their website URL or company name?
It's just delorean.com
Price aside , yes I probably would. …..I don't like the look of their exhaust system though…..aways reminds me of an engine with its guts falling out…the Nottingham made ones look 'stock' from most angles.

Regarding engines, not sure what the choices are these days, but personally i'd go for one with a slight upgrade in performance. But you don't get 'owt for nowt' and when you start stressing these things too much, its bound to take its toll on reliability/ longevity, which is generally very good with the original unit.

The photo is the first ever Nottingham made one on vin 20049…..the best LHD car I ever had…which I never should have sold. :roll:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
That's a great picture Chris. And nice one for the info.