Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
engine servo
I found my engine servo (on the left side of the engine) disconnected at the throttle spool, why would someone disconnect it or could it have dislodged itself? And what will it being disconnected cause?
SCEDT26T9BD005902
Hi Matey

Can you describe a bit better what you are talking about maybe a picture ?
Are you referring to the carbon canister that is located behind the panel left hand side (when stood looking at the engine) of the fibreglass engine bay?

There is a vacuum pipe from this that goes to a nipple that is located under the throttle plates. It is routed under the W pipe.

It might have just fallen off or not put back on during a mechanical session.

It will cause a vacuum leak and can dilute the mixture v slightly as it is not metered by the metering flap.

A pic can confirm this.

NickT.
could be the Purge Signal Hose and the connector could be the throttle edge tapping deal :/
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
dont know how to post pics doh! It is the "electronic engine control servo" and it has a bathplug thingy dealio that is hanging next to the throttle. please tell me it isnt serious/expensive!!
SCEDT26T9BD005902
[Image: 141.gif]

still no idea what your looking at , sorry.

is it on this picture ??

If not you could be talking about an aftermarket item, probably a cruise control item?
Looked at some pics of delorean engines and none have this thing. There was an aftermarket cruise control installed so ill multimeter it from the switch on the center console and it should prove for sure.

Thanks for all the help
SCEDT26T9BD005902