Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahhh Handbrake Sticking!
Just took my car back to its bed and i stopped briefly half in and out of the doors to tell my mate to move this peice of metal away (put the handbrake on) went to take the handbrake off and it wouldnt budge! Cry it seemed to move a little to the top but that was it. Turned the engine off and then it released itself. Tried it a few more times and it seems to be fine now.

Any ideas as to why this happened? Bare in mind im not that up on Mechanics of any cars despite being obsessed by this one for years!
ey up.

It may be that the button is not releasing the ratchet thing in the handle mechanism.

remove the cover and take a ganders to see what's happening when you press the button.

Barzo
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Off hand I cant remember if theres any obvious screw on the handbrake cover. I take there is? I'll give that a go tomorrow. Cheers, Did you get my PM a few days ago by the way Barson?
dmcscott2002 Wrote:Off hand I cant remember if theres any obvious screw on the handbrake cover. I take there is? I'll give that a go tomorrow. Cheers, Did you get my PM a few days ago by the way Barson?

No the cover just pulls/slides off........in theory!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584