Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another ridiculous FarceBook article feat the DMC
Every so often a feature pops up with the unusual,odd and downright stupid vehicles, last month was no exception with the De Lorean popping up in 'One of the Craziest Cars you could ever own'-as we came in 2ndI didn't even bother looking any further down the table!
Good to know I drive a crazy car!! :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
There seems to be an article/blog like this about every other month(usually from the oh so well informed experts at Jalopnik). The way the DeLorean is portrayed usually depends on the attitude of the writer towards the car. If he is one of those types that believes the 85mph top speed and coke hidden in the doors types, then rest assured his research usually is no deeper than skimming headlines from stories of other "journalists" who didn't bother to wade in the information pool past their ankles.

Take the "New Build" program that DMCH started, which as we all know was nothing more than the refurbished car program, which was renamed to "remanufactured" since it sounded better(and truth be told more accurate). When they started adding new stainless frames to the car, they renamed the program to "New Build" and thanks to that name, it caught on, and in the wrong way. Some journalists who half heartedly read other blogs assumed they were building brand new cars, with 2013 window stickers and 2013 vins. It wasn't much of a stretch for an imaginative news writer.

Thanks to that fine piece of journalism, every time someone spots me with my car I have to hear "Nice, but did you know you can buy them brand new now?"

Don't even get me started on the whole Solstice/DMC crap. I think everyone saw right through that from the start. Nothing more than a stab at some free advertising and some name recognition and sensationalism with no intention whatsoever of it coming to fruition.
On a slightly related item….this is an interesting link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... attle.html

The DMC name / logo is in legal dispute.

The Texas company has been assembling and selling DeLorean cars made from original factory parts it acquired in the original bankruptcy proceeding, Mead said.
'Now, years after Mr. DeLorean's death, Sally DeLorean has unfortunately filed a lawsuit as a representative of the Estate of John DeLorean,' Mead said. 'The DeLorean Motor Company denies that the Plaintiff has any right or authority to prevent the DeLorean Motor Company from operating its thirty-year-old business, and has no right to money damages.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3OPMMjLKv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'll just leave this here...

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/mos ... er-made/3/
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Nice one Rissy-makes no mention of the front and rear crumple zones,safety fuel tank (and very safe location) or door side impact bars.....anyhow, wasn't there a video of a DMC upside down during American safety testing with some guy climbing out? Hmmmm......... :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
bjbrownie Wrote:Nice one Rissy-makes no mention of the front and rear crumple zones,safety fuel tank (and very safe location) or door side impact bars.....anyhow, wasn't there a video of a DMC upside down during American safety testing with some guy climbing out? Hmmmm......... :lol:

A friend of mine linked me to it on Facebook last night. ....I did have a wee sigh to myself. Then I put everyone within eyeshot of his post correct on the matters of "fact" within the article.

Needless to say, but no one paid any attention to me.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)