Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTTF Question
Hi Guys, Big Grin

So, I was idley flicking through the tv channels at the weekend and of course what was on ITV2 but BTTF! Despite seeing it a gazilion times now (although I could never get bored of these films), I managed to get hooked into it again! :roll:

Anyway, I have a question which I don't recall being asked before.

The scene towards the end where Marty meets the Doc after successfully getting his folks together again. He shows Doc the now restored polaroid of his family, and says; "Yeah, old George came through, he laid out Biff with one punch, I never knew he had it in him! Hell, my old man's never stood up to Biff in his life!"

The Doc then looks at the polaroid puzzled, and says "Never?"

Marty replies "No why?"

But the Doc doesn't answer why, and so it's never explained what he means by this.

Anybody know why the Doc questions this? :?

Or have I been taking too many stupid pills again! Shock

Carl

Looking forward to seeing you all here in sunny Norfolk in June! Big Grin
their a funny ole lot Smile TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I'd guess Doc say's it because he's worried about the potential disruption of the space time contineum? Like, when marty gets back, his family are all 'normal' and successful, just because he stood upto the punch.

I think Smile
what he said ^_^
DOC 527
Vin #10264
.........the bit I dont get, is when Marty is watching himself jump in the DeLorean and get chased around the carpark by the Libyans from the edge of the mall car park - I thought it was supposed to much things up if you 'saw yourself' - or have I been munching one too many Codeines at work today!! :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
i think its if both see each other at the same time
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I think Doc was probably momentarily concerned that they might have altered events too much. i.e. pushed events too far in the opposite direction to where they were heading after Marty got hit by the car:

Marty got hit by the car, so George and Lorraine never met.
Marty needed to correct this.
He did, but in doing so set-up the incident in the High School Car Park. Marty Basically (somewhat inadvertantly) setup Lorraine, Biff and George to be in the car park. Once the sequence of events unfolded resulting in George getting angry and laying out Biff George's dominance in his relationship with Biff was set-up for the future.

I'm just putting on the second coat now... :lol:
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193