Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worlds most amazing Barn find?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html

Pictures and video amazing Shock
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Just saw this on the news a few hours ago, truly amazing Shock
Things like this always remind me of an old factory (mill) near where I grew up. It was owned by a couple of old gentlemen who had (from memory) dozens of cars stored away in there. I only ever saw inside once when I was in my mid teens, so twenty years ago or so :wink: (OK 30+) I don't know what happened to them or if they are all still in this mill with the windows all blocked up I guess one day I will find out......
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
You could say this is amazing, I prefer sad. I really don't know what was going through the father (and son's) head there. Seriously, from what I saw, there is hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of restoration work there, and not years but probably closer to decades of labor. At what age was he waiting for to get started on that? He wasn't going to restore them, he wasn't going to build a museum for that if he lived to be 100. If they lived for 50 more years, those cars would be exactly where they are at now. That looks like a hoarder to me. It's sad to see what was probably nice examples left to rot away in such dismal conditions.

The owner(s) were more worried about the accumulation of cars that they were about taking care of the ones they already had. This behavior is common in my country. It's not about being happy with what you have, it's about getting more in order to be happy.

At least the 250 and a few others survived well.
Agreed, "amazing" wasn't the good word for this case.
Some people just buy cars to collect them with no intention to rebuild them.
At a minus level, there is a guy in France whom has a DeLorean in a bad shape and doesn't want to sale it or restore it, same case for his others cars, yes we can say it's sad to leave a DeLorean in a field like this.
Here is a link of this car:
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photo ... psrc=pwrd1
The link appeared to show the car 'restored'….do we know if that was the case? or another red car?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I used the word amazing in the sense that it amazed me to see such a collection of very rare (once) beautiful cars all discovered in one place.
Amazed to see the poor condition
Amazed to see the lack of care
Amazed to see the quantity of cars
Amazed that nothing was done to conserve, restore or preserve them
Amazed that the original collector could find and amass this quantity of rare automobiles
Amazed that his family did not care or understand the market value of them.

I think you get the use of "amazing" now :lol:

I agree entirely that the people who collect cars like this, in general are stubborn as mules, not good at social interaction, drive rifts through families and tend to be reclusive.
Such a waste, but I guess they'll be sold off to the very wealthy and 90% will be restored in time, so in some way they are "saved" from their current fate.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Every so often we get word of a neglected Delorean not far removed form "parts car" classification siting in some field or back yard. It's always the same, either the owner is happy to just let it rot to nothing and refuses to sell it, or he wants stupid money for it.

I personally think they get off on it. They love it when someone approaches just so they can watch them squirm with excitement before they drop the hammer and watch as their demeanor goes from anticipation to heartbreak. I remember reading a story about some older gentleman (it's always some old guy) who would park his rotted out hulk of a Delorean out where all the passing traffic could see it. He enjoyed watching people's reactions when they stopped to asked him if it was for sale and he would quote some 40k number to them.