Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey interior parts wanted, maybe.......
Well my ebay special is on its way to the docks.
I haven't seen too much of the interior but its an ex-Nevada car & the owner tells me there is sun damage to seats, dash, carpets etc. ATM, I won't be making a 'show-car' just one I can use & maybe make alittle nicer to be in.
So just putting the word out to all who may be fitting new carpet sets, seat covers etc etc to maybe put them aside because even if not perfect they may be better than I've got.
Exchange for beer tokens!! :lol:
Many thanks Karl.
Dave Howarth did carpet sets for not a lot of money…not sure if he still has any….you could phone him up and find out.

(I fitted some in Herman..but you can't actually see them!)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Need to fit new window switches, any idea where to get them?
Also want to wire in a new separate fog-light & switch.
Advice appreciated.
Big Grin
Quote:Need to fit new window switches, any idea where to get them?
Also want to wire in a new separate fog-light & switch
Best bet Ed@ Delorean.eu you can get a blank switch as well to use for your fog light switch.
chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
To save fitting fog light switch/warning lights into a blanking switch,why not do what I have and leave it loose in the ashtray? It's never hardly used apart from the Mot test and occasional conditions so why spoil the interior-remove the ashtray,drill a hole wide enough for 3 wires, rubber grommet it and noones the wiser apart from yourself!
Could be a problem if you use the ashtray for its intended purpose, but most of us are clean living anyway.... :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Pics needed BJ. 8)
Hi Karl,

I might have one or two grey interior trim items lurking in my parts stash which are now surplus to requirement. I'll have a look at the weekend.

PM me your email address in the meantime and I'll drop you an email if I find anything.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hey Phil.
Thanks for post. Since the car has turned up the carpets are quite good, I've also sent some bits off to be re-trimmed (should be getting them back this weekend)
I really only need new seat covers now, but I'm having ago with those cheap leather repair kits to see how bad it looks, before spending another £800+.
Cheers anyhow, K
No problem Karl, sounds like the restoration is coming along well.

I'll have a look anyway as it's probably about time I had a bit of a clearout and I won't have any use for grey interior parts any time soon.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
88mph Wrote:Hey Phil.
I've also sent some bits off to be re-trimmed (should be getting them back this weekend)
Did you use Lee P in the end?
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Yeah, I sent him up the binnacle and side panel, expensive but after seeing yours, you know what you're getting.
I might have to go for seats aswell, but I'll see how my DIY attempt goes first. Just want to get driving the sucker!!
While I wait, started painting the rear end today. 8)