Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customs... NOVA(caine) would be preferable
Hi guys,

I've had my beautiful D for well over 2 months now and she hasn't even set tread outside the garage yet.

I seem to be stuck in a NOVA black hole where nothing is quite what it seems - black is white, up is left, a Delorean is a strawberry blancmange and even less is being done about it. I sent off all the registration documents to the DVLA in high hopes, only to have it rejected because I didn't have the Notification of Vehicle Arrivals (NOVA) form. Turns out that someone from customs had forgotten to submit a form to someone else. This was eventually done, (I'm told - no proof) and weeks later a questionnaire from HMRC arrived via email asking about the car.

This was completed and sent back instantly and now, weeks later with no acknowledgement, here I sit, no definitive answer from HMRC as to what to expect next or when. Poor #3759 is sitting in pristine condition in the garage, occasionally looked at, and being wasted hidden away where no one can see it.

Has anyone else suffered this on their import?? I don't know what to do next, if I call them, no one knows what's going on, they just tell me to wait for the letter - the same letter that is supposed to take 24 hours to go through. We're now over 2 months down the line, how long can I leave it in the hope that this is the first time in history that the HMRC are actually on the ball? Maybe this is just how long it takes??
Alex

"That punk Calvin Klein"
Who did the import paperwork?? This has happened to a few importers of DeLoreans this year where they have not had import paperwork from the club. Your importer should have been able to sort everything out for you, it's seems to be that HMRC are sticking to the rules (on some occasions) on importing including requiring dating certificates from a Bona-fida owners club, it shouldnt be the case if you have the title document from the US but in some cases they are being 'difficult'. It also seems to be the case that they also being 'difficult' with some imports as well (not just DeLoreans) As well as seeking evidence of 'type approval' in some cases! Any help I can give just ask.
Or have pint down the pub!
Chris
Edit, It's this type of thing clubs are having to do more and more now for example: http://www.historicvws.co.uk/technical/ ... ation.html
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Chris, I appreciate the offer... Can't wait to meet you all with #3759 to get your verdict! lol! I'll keep hassling them until I get my way.

I used Will to import for me but he seems to have reached the end of the help he can give. It's just a bit frustrating when no one can give me a solid answer or tell me exactly what I need to do to get this processed.. I'm not a sit and wait kind of guy, (as poor Will has learnt). Seems I'll just have to keep guessing until I stumble across the right person at HMRC or the NOVA lands on my doormat.
Alex

"That punk Calvin Klein"
Typical...although I'm sure there'd be no delay on them slapping a fine on you if you took it out on the road without it being registered.