Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coil cover
Hi, Would any one have a spare coil cover they would like to part with as mine was missing when I purchased the car. I am in Australia and willing to pay all costs as DMC cant supply me one.
Thanks David
vin 12181 RHD wooler hodec model
Dave Howarth, our club president in Manchester, has had some very nice one's reproduced. try;- davidhowarth685@gmail.com but he's a bit shaky with the interweb!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Airfireman1 ( I do wish folk would use proper names) I am just finishing off the RHD bit in the book, I don't have many decent pictures of your car, if you care to send me a couple at at least 1meg, i will include them in the book. It you happen to remove the rear bumper, and black padding, it will reveal your original very early vin number! Which i'd love to know.

history@deloreans.co.uk will do nicely.

Thanks Chris P
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I have a spare stainless one from Deloran.eu (this product), it is a nice upgrade but obviously not of interest if you are maintaining originality. Alas the original coil cover was one of the (many) parts not included in the parts cache my car was built from.
Hi Starglider. I have asked you about this coil cover in the past. If you can strike up a deal with airfireman for the stainless one then I'm happy to do a swap with him for my OEM one off Vin # 16327

All depends how much you want for it and if airfireman is willing to pay the same to get an OEM one but the deal is there if you both want it.

I'm happy to cover postage to send mine to you or airfireman.

Cheers.

Ben
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Hi Starglider. I have asked you about this coil cover in the past.

Yes, sorry : there are several crates of spare parts for AURYN at the back of Chris's workshop and I haven't had time to sort through them and find the coil cover. I am down there again next thursday so will be sure to do it then.
Hi, my real name is David but that username is what I do for a living, Aviation fire fighter . I would love to keep the originality of this one. I will be removing the rear panel very soon to see if I can get the sag out of it so all will be revealed soon. Do you have an email address to send the photos?.
I am willing to pay purchase and postage costs for the coil cover. The main plan is to get it back to as showroom as possible , since it sat in a museum for around ten years mainly the cosmetics need attention, and the more I delve into things the more problems I find. I have just replaced the rear speakers with some pioneer ones that are a very close match to the Craig ones. In fact the left rear speaker looked like it was never connected as the speaker wire was jammed in the frame. The Britax seatbelts have had to be replaced as the retractor mechanism was faulty. Fortunately there is a company here in Pert that replaced them with a very similar pair.
The headlights are cibie but one high beam and one low/high beam have cracks and I have very little chance of getting replacement ones of the same brand.
Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,

I have resurrected a couple of ex museum cars. There is a seemly endless list of stuff that needs sorting. Once you done the major bits, you could do it as a rolling restoration, at least you will have the fun of driving it as well. Im looking forward to discovering your original vin number ( it is one of 30 I have)

If you decide to go down the Euro'spec type backlights, I can probably source some for you, together with the trim surrounds…of closing panels as the engineers would have it. You have an important car there. That doesn't mean its necessarily worth more than any other Ozzy RHD, but its still important.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
managed to email a few photos, those euro spec lights are definately not pretty, the centre filler panel on the rear of mine is identicle to what you have in that picture. I would like to put the US spec rear lights on as they are compliant here and certainly its part of what makes the Delorean rear end so nice. If you require more pictures just let me know and I am morre than happy to send them. I do have some Australian history on his car including a purchase receipt from 1986 from a car dealer. It was bought for $42500 australian dollars way back then. You could buy a house for that much then so it would have been quite an expensive purchase.
Thanks very much David,
Yes it was a lot of money..most of them were at that time, just about back there now I would think.

photo's received OK. It looks very smart now! I fully agree about the US style lights looking better, its just that I like being a bit different! If you do find the old vin number on the rear chassis frame, that would be great. Also the engine and frame numbers.

Thanks, your car will be immortalised in our book along with the rest of the RHD's.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
The engine number is 394 i can send a pisture of it if you like
Cheers Dave
Thanks Dave, yes please and one of the Chassis Frame number?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
hi Chris

yes i am with you...i also like the euro lights irrespective of factory fit or no...

i think the wales car had them? (hence a Gerry castle conversion?). when i saw it all those years ago they had been removed, along with most other things.
owner said a weekend to fit everything back on, then said he wanted over £30-35k plus!!!

will also be interested to know the vin.

are there any more hodec cars still lost, or all accounted for?

Thank you

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi Steve,

Just to make it clear, the Euro lights were selected and designed by the factory engineers during receivership. They were not exactly "cutting edge", but they were up against a very tight time frame and a very low budget, (and they all thought the factory would survive.) They were just a stop gap until Giugiaro came up with something better. John's arrest sunk all these plans.

Yes the Wales car still had and still has them. When the factory went bust there was a small quantity of RHD / Euro stuff available and the engineers knew exactly where to source more from. So the likes of Gerry Castle made a temporary short lived, living out of offering RHD conversions to unsuspecting UK purchases of cars…..who couldn't get them registered in the UK. ( it was much easier in Northern Ireland who had different rules)

Many of these cars sold in the UK were very early cars, never intended for sale and would and should have been scrapped, had the factory survived. That's one of the reasons that I like them…..they are survivors! But then again so are all Delorean's, thats why I don't think we should be scrapping any of them now.

In 100 years time, BTTF fans will be horrified that car enthusiast in 2014 were still "scrapping" some of these 6000 surviving, precious cars.

I know of 4 early cars in the UK which have never (yet) seen the light of day…….....or a DVLA registration form!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Pics of engine number and chassis vin sent chassis vin is 119
Chhers Dave