Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted,old pictures of my car YFJ 251 X (#10556) was 73 PKT
Has anyone any pictures of my DMC, "Ol' Stainless" in any photo albums etc? It was originally registered as 73 PKT many years ago,Kevin Paul Tyrell owned/brought it back from the States in the late 80s, I believe he owned a purple Lotus Esprit and was known to the Lotus Owners Club-I've tried contacting him to no avail.
My car had ALL the black body parts painted silver and the windows reflective filmed out, so it wouldn't be hard to miss..........any information would be appreciated! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
I forgot to mention, the car was based in Exeter for many years before I bought it from a guy in Devon, so it has spent a fair bit of its life down South! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
sadly thats one car I dont have any pics of, maybe Chris Parnham or some of the longer
standing members like John Chapelhow or Phil Peters have pictures of it?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I thought it might be difficult to track down any pics, I bought the car way back in 2003 as you know Claire, and it had been off the road for a number of years even before then-Dave Howarth put me in touch with the seller,I assume that he was in the club back then, but I could be wrong.
Best assumption is that it was being used in the mid 90s, I have the previous mots (somewhere!) to prove this, the mileage wasn't much every year I recall!
I dont recall having any picks of it, it could well be worth working your way through the club mags….lots of picks in there going back many years.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
That's a lot of club magazines to go through Chris! :lol:
I think I have a picture of your car Brian when it was in a Carcoon at the 1998 (?) Classic Motor Show in Brum. Had the 73 PKT Reg then... Will hunt it down and scan it in. (Yes it was pre digi camera Mr Green )
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Nice one Stuart,the car was a real mess when I bought it in January 2003, seats ripped and a general mess, I'm surprised that it was put in a carcoon! Saying that, the car was cannibalised for spares for another one owned by the same guy I was told, so the bits in mine may well be the bad bits from the other car. I've got the VHS tape I filmed when I bought transferred to DVD,will upload some stills when I get them back-11 years on it will be interesting to see how much the car has improved from the 'spares or repair' status! 8)
Carcoon? Sounds more like Racoon. Smile
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Sorry Brian, dug the photos out last night and the reg is 74 PX :?
I should have checked before posting, will keep an eye out for pics of your car...
DOC 116
VIN 6237
No worries Stuart, I'm sure one will turn up somewhere! :lol: