Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Queen's University Belfast - Electric DeLorean Project
Some of you may or may not know that the students of Queen's University have set out to build an Electric DeLorean.

Well it featured tonight on the local BBC Northern Ireland News, and it is hoped the car will be on the road for October 2015.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27145799
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
I'm not sure replacing the front wheels with castors is a good idea. Handy for parking though I suppose.
Stephen Partt
Bristol
I somehow think this poor car will end up as a DeLorean/old electric milk float hybrid........are those the rhd sidelight indicator assemblies in the front? :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Yes they look like it……..

I too am worried about the castors, how on earth can you fit a decent sized brake disc behind them?

Where do you fasten the track-rod ends? Can you get good tyres only 5" in diameter ?

Questions, questions…….a good unverserty should be able to sort them out. :wink:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian