Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of the BTTF ride!!!
Greetings all,

I'm currently sat in an internet cafe in Florida because I've just heard something that can't wait until I get back home.

Basically I was in the car earlier today and heard on the news that the Back To The Future ride at Universal Studios will "take its final trip through time on the 30th of March" (this coming Friday).

I know there were some stories about this last year but no confirmed date was mentioned as far as I know, and although I was one of the people that wrote to various figures in the hope of saving the ride, it seems that after 16 years it will finally close.

I am in no doubt that something technologically more advanced will replace it, but the atmopshere and spirit of the BTTF ride will never be revived with merely technology.

I'm sure I speak for all those of us that were fortunate enough over the years to have been on this ride that it will indeed be the end of an era once it's gone.

Even as recently as last year when I was in the theme park the ride was still generating considerable queues, but apparently popularity is worth next to nothing in a country that thinks anything older than a decade is ancient.

This is a sad loss to the DeLorean community and should be mourned as such.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
What about the ride in California? Is that still open.

How about the ET ride at USF, that's even older than the BTTF ride!

Rick
mikesumner Wrote:Greetings all,

I'm currently sat in an internet cafe in Florida because I've just heard something that can't wait until I get back home.

Basically I was in the car earlier today and heard on the news that the Back To The Future ride at Universal Studios will "take its final trip through time on the 30th of March" (this coming Friday).

I know there were some stories about this last year but no confirmed date was mentioned as far as I know, and although I was one of the people that wrote to various figures in the hope of saving the ride, it seems that after 16 years it will finally close.

I am in no doubt that something technologically more advanced will replace it, but the atmopshere and spirit of the BTTF ride will never be revived with merely technology.

I'm sure I speak for all those of us that were fortunate enough over the years to have been on this ride that it will indeed be the end of an era once it's gone.

Even as recently as last year when I was in the theme park the ride was still generating considerable queues, but apparently popularity is worth next to nothing in a country that thinks anything older than a decade is ancient.

This is a sad loss to the DeLorean community and should be mourned as such.

oh no we are booked to stay at the royal pacific in june ,only reason i`m going is to go and see bttf and go on the ride ,hope they are not getting rid of all the other bttf stuff and shop please no, this hols is costing me a bomb for the week,booked a day to swim with the dolphin`s as well i,m also meeting another deloreana for lunch in orlando his name is ed he chats on this forum.but not very often,if you reading this ed i`ve still got your cell phone number so i`ll ring you when we get out their ,to arrange lunch.
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Aww noo, bad news indeed. How on earth can they justify getting rid of that unless theres another in the making.
I felt I should let you all know when it came over on the radio but as far as I know it's just the Florida one that's going because they've got plans for the space (although don't quote me on that as I've heard rumours that the one in California will also get the chop).

Obviously it goes without saying that I'm truly gutted about this as I first went on the ride back in 1991 and have done so pretty much every year since then.

I think that there are rides in the park that are far more deserving of being pensioned off than the BTTF ride but at the end of the day when the suits make their mind up there's nothing to say it's the right decision.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=14848157

Sad day Sad
bozzzydmc Wrote:http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseactio...eoid=14848 157

Sad day Sad

Indeed it is.

As I said in my article in the current club mag, the California ride will be going this summer and then that will be that.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
i just got some pics of a woman :? TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Eh ? works for me buddy .. try again :?
Tourettes Tony Wrote:i just got some pics of a woman :? TT

Yeah, I got that too, but then I realised that the last 3 digits of the link are separate from the rest of it.

If you add the 157 onto the end you'll get it.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
cheers mike and mike :wink: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
It is very sad. I went last year to the Florida park, the queues for BTTF were the longest in the park by far, despite a very slick operation getting people onto the ride as fast as possible.

I e-mailed the Universal public relations department a couple of weeks ago, I had planned on spending big money on going over, providing they had some system to allocate me a place on the last ride.

No joy, even if I paid the $200 for the backlot tour (to see the BTTF set and a quick driveby of the cars in a parking lot).

It seems to me they have missed a trick....

john
DOC 19/19a : 'Boeing' : #0737
I completely agree.

The harshest blow is that the ride is closing in the first place (hence why I wrote that article for the club mag), but it's made worse that they don't have something in place to give everyone that wants to the chance to go on it one last time.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby