Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You CAN have your cake and eat it
Hi everyone, thought you may like to see these pictures, I was recently made redundant, I knew it was coming hence unfortunately the sale of my superb RHD Delorean. Last Sunday wife took me out and said we was going somewhere special, much to my surprise she had arranged a leaving do at the local Football club, I was given a super send off by the staff and one of the items given to me as they knew how much I loved the Delorean was this cake made by one of the staff's daughter, all from an old photo except the reg was from a Delorean I had some 10 years ago. I know it not 100% replicated but I thought she made a cracking job of it and it was so sad to cut it up.

[Image: P3280004_zpsc1b8d6b0.jpg]

[Image: P3280007_zps3ef8bda6.jpg]
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
Hi. The cake is very good, seeing as it's hard to replicate.

I'm sorry to hear about your redundancy mate.

I was there just before Christmas in 2008, and I know the feeling well...

I was determined however to make sure I didn't sell the DeLorean unless I had to. I'm glad I didn't. Despite the recession that was apparent at that time, I was only out of work for 5 weeks.

Good luck with the future, and hope you can re live the dream soon!
That's nice touch (and cake) I do hope things work out for you soon.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
really hope everything works out for you Stephen, and that you are living the dream again soon
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Awesome cake!!

Fingers crossed for you. It's getting really bad here in OZ, especially here in Melbourne. Sad
Sorry to hear about the forced sale, nice to know someone cares enough to make that for you though.
I think reality set in tonight when I had to fill in an application for a part time postie job, it took 2 hours for the application then over an hour for an on-line test, oh well got to keep trying. Thanks guys for your kind support, I live in hope of joining the D owners in the not to distant future, just have to make do with my Beetle for now, just found some brake fluid on the floor of the garage so it looks like another mucky job coming up.
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
Keep at it Stephen, something will turn up…..yes it was a hell of a car, especially after it left you.

Good luck with the job hunting.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Many thanks Chris
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670