Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings time travellers
Hi Everyone,

new member here...unfortunately I don't yet own a DeLoreon, but there is hope!

I live south cheshire and have visited the club show stand with my young son at Knutsford Classic Car show a couple of years ago and he is a now and avid fan...as is his dad. I have a great picture of him gaping wide mouthed at one of the cars at the shows.

I might be after some help with my sons Birthday wish at some point in the near future, (March) but I will post a new message along those lines soon.

Looking forward to meeting you folks and coming to some shows!

Regards. Jamie
Wait, you mean to say you built a time machine out of a DeLorean?!!
Welcome Jamie....

You are in the best place!

I'm sure there is someone near to you who can help out with your son's birthday. I did a similar job last weekend !

Ben
Yes, welcome Jamie. at least we are heading towards spring and a few more cars should be out and about soon!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I reckon Brian Brown who is based near the Wirral might be one of your closest members,
he's bjbrownie on here and I know he does weddings and stuff, so I'm sure he'd be able
to help with your sons birthday.

Welcome to the Club, you are more then welcome at Club events, you dont need to own
a De to come along and join in the fun Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks Everyone, I wasn't after a joyride...but the opportunity for my 5 year old to look over someones car would be fantastic....he is 5 on the 15th March and would be eternally grateful if anyone was able to help.

here he is at Tatton Park...who's car is it?

Kind Regards

Jamie
Is that Phil's car Claire ? whom i believe is stood to the extreme left in that photo..!!!
I'm no expert on people's car's but I'm gonna have a wild guess.

The car that the little boy is looking at isn't Phil's as I believe Sorbet to be a black auto with silver wheels and no large side stripe. However, Claire's car is that exact spec except her's is in the background VUR registration. I would imagine Phil is standing facing away from his car (with his back to it) and the one he's facing is a mystery, except it bears a silver DMC stripe ... Maybe John Chapelhow?

At a wild guess, I would say the car the little boy is looking at is Scott Miller's car.... And that is a wild guess as I don't know the spec of Scott's car.

How wrong or right am I?

:-)
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:I'm no expert on people's car's but I'm gonna have a wild guess.

The car that the little boy is looking at isn't Phil's as I believe Sorbet to be a black auto with silver wheels and no large side stripe. However, Claire's car is that exact spec except her's is in the background VUR registration. I would imagine Phil is standing facing away from his car (with his back to it) and the one he's facing is a mystery, except it bears a silver DMC stripe ... Maybe John Chapelhow?

At a wild guess, I would say the car the little boy is looking at is Scott Miller's car.... And that is a wild guess as I don't know the spec of Scott's car.

How wrong or right am I?

:-)

a wild guess?...more like inspector morse ! LOL....how can I get some info on the model variations?
Not many variations out there really:
Gearbox either manual or Auto,
Interior Grey or Black
3 styles of bonnet either with groves in and a fuel flap (earliest) just groves in or completely flat.
Other minor variations in wheel casting and colours but not so much you would notice, and dealer option either wide side stripe (as in the pictures) or thin grey stripe.
As Ben wrote, 'VUR' is Claire's car and probably Phil's next to hers. Like Ben I'm not sure who's the other is. I'm sure Claire will fill in the blanks!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
If it's not Scott's car, think I will go with Rich H 's car... In fact it's a higher probability !
I would definitely say Rich H's. In fact he's standing in his trademark getup just obscured by the passenger door.

Sorbet I think is a grey interiored 5 speed?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Grey interiored Auto? Lol
Definitely Mr Hutshinsons as it has a black dash but a grey binnacle if you look closely, and grey dash cover which originally came from mine :-)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
'tis indeed mine :lol:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
RichH Wrote:'tis indeed mine :lol:

my son loved it...and so did his dad 8) ...he wanted to see he doors go up and down !