Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black DMC for sale in Classic Car Weekly
In this edition of CCW, I wasn't sure if it was last months, I was just killing time (sorry) in Tescos while the missus was shopping, was a black DeLorean for sale, somewhere down South- it had been driven into a garage and not used for quite a few years. Sorry to be sketchy, I had to put it back on the shelf as it was time to go. Anyone on here know about it? 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Just had a long chat with John.

Its a 1982 Black interior Auto, painted black. Vin 11753. ( no gas flap) His dad bought it in 1998 , has had it for 5/6 years and it has not moved for a few years. Its in a garage but, with battery disconnected. Not a dehumidified one, so it could be a bit damp, but who knows. It is showing 20K miles, which be believes is genuine.

He does not need to sell it and will not take silly money for it. Bearing in mind the recent ones that changed hands in a similar condition for about £9k, I told him that in my opinion a painted one could be worth a fair bit less. ( depending on the Chassis condition) My tip would be to buy it if you can live with a painted one…..but don't count on an easy job turning it back to stainless! No one knows whats under the paint, including the owner and his Dad.

I saw a very nice Black one in the USA painted to look like a police car! ….Brilliant…….

He is happy for a local person to check out the car underneath and report back. But if you want a cheap car, get down there this weekend with a cash deposit in your pocket!! I'd be very surprised if its still there on Monday!

Its in Newton Abbott in Devon….tel John on 01626 364656

Good luck!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I love this one…its german one… .
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
They've even done a job on the Docs van! :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Ah, Another UAE Delorean surfaces....11753 is one of the 50 shipped to Dubai. Seems like MOST of these cars are/were painted!
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Chris, do you (or John) know when it was repatriated back to the UK?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
No sorry, no more info I'm afraid…….anybody been to see it?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Any updates on this car? Couple of club members have told me the seller is not answering the phone now.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
No i'm afraid I have nothing to add…I was wondering what had happened but have not got around to trying to contact the seller.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian