Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN 1780 - The Resurrection Blog
That's great stuff, who cares how long it takes, we all have other things to do as well, your making good progress so that's all that counts. Out of interest what have you done to your brakes? Did you change the M/Cylinder as these don't seem to take to well to sitting around for long periods.
With regards to wanting the 'pea shooter' exhaust tips it may be worth putting a wanted ad for a back box, lots of people have changed them out to performance exhausts so there's got to be a few kicking around!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I have a totally standard backbox, it's not in the best condition but is serviceable. If it is of help please PM me.
DMCNI Wrote:To most of you progress has been slow but we only get working at the car now and again, day to day work, plenty of overtime and general life gets in the way. However I am more than happy with what has been achieved. I've been very fortunate not only to have made a good friend but also fall in with Thomas McAuley a local Belfast owner who has got me as far as I have without him 1780 wouldnt be at this stage and the holes in my pockets would be slighy bigger than they already are if I had left it in with a mechanic.

Did you not get my bill in the post Davy? Tongue
Vin #4087
Chris Williams Wrote:That's great stuff, who cares how long it takes, we all have other things to do as well, your making good progress so that's all that counts. Out of interest what have you done to your brakes? Did you change the M/Cylinder as these don't seem to take to well to sitting around for long periods.
With regards to wanting the 'pea shooter' exhaust tips it may be worth putting a wanted ad for a back box, lots of people have changed them out to performance exhausts so there's got to be a few kicking around!
Chris

quote="tonydrivertraining"]I have a totally standard backbox, it's not in the best condition but is serviceable. If it is of help please PM me.[/quote]

The master cylinder was changed for a brand new unit, the discs and pads are what came with the car. I took them to a mechanic for inspectionand he said they were fine so I kept them on. New front/rear pads arrived from Ed Uding last night so they will be fitted along with another bleeding session and hopefully that cures the problem Chris.

Regards the peashooters, I have ordered some tailpipes to put on my backbox if they dont fit or dont look right I might be in touch Tony Smile

[
dmc4087 Wrote:Did you not get my bill in the post Davy? Tongue

Still sifting through last weeks delivery of valentine cards Thomas, must be in amongst that lot Wink

My CPR valve has also arrived so I might get it fitted this weekend and if ladyluck shines on me thats the engine nearly there, got a couple of idle control bearings to fit and some new handbrake pads as well. The light at the end of the tunnel is starting to get a lot brighter as we finish phase one of 1780's resurrection.
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST