Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unique Stainless Steel System
A quick update. Following on from the last exhaust breaking in spectacular syle following Dan's car at Lotus, the new system is done. The car then came straight back in my garage to carry on with the stereo upgrade. The car sounds better, the boom in the cabin from memory has gone (will need to drive it more) but it still pops and farts and sounds more expensive Smile

The guy under quoted me by miles. He said if he was to do another he could not charge less than £1500 which puts it beyond the Nottingham based system cost. The £1500 includes EVERYTHING you need in regard to the Stainless Steel and fitting. Contact DMC Ltd for your new gaskets and studs. I anticipate at that price I will once again have the DeLorean with the world's only unique exhaust system.

It has 21" headers for optimum performance, 3" pipework from the headers to the silencers which are a rare 3.5" at the viewable rear tailpipe. The old system had stock manifolds, 2.5" pipework and 3" tailpipes connected to the longest silencers ever!!!

See you at the NEC in a few months. I will be providing 'DREAM RIDES' once again for the Sporting Bears charity! They could do with another DMC as I never had a free minute. Joe public pays around £40 which 100% goes to the charity and in return out cars gain more exposure.
http://www.sportingbears.org.uk/
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
So go on buddy, post some pics Smile

Looking forward to seeing it fitted .
when this gig chris Big Grin
It takes place during the Classic Car Show. A cordoned area near one of the large doors allows all of the Classics and Supercars to be lined up. The public can see the cars as they drive in and out from the 'Dream Rides' they have taken.

I will be doing Sunday 29th October.

Can another club member do the Saturday or even help me out on the Sunday?

Last year the DeLorean proved to be quite popular...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Chris Hawes Wrote:A quick update. Following on from the last exhaust breaking in spectacular syle following Dan's car at Lotus, the new system is done. The car then came straight back in my garage to carry on with the stereo upgrade. The car sounds better, the boom in the cabin from memory has gone (will need to drive it more) but it still pops and farts and sounds more expensive Smile

The guy under quoted me by miles. He said if he was to do another he could not charge less than £1500 which puts it beyond the Nottingham based system cost. The £1500 includes EVERYTHING you need in regard to the Stainless Steel and fitting. Contact DMC Ltd for your new gaskets and studs. I anticipate at that price I will once again have the DeLorean with the world's only unique exhaust system.

It has 21" headers for optimum performance, 3" pipework from the headers to the silencers which are a rare 3.5" at the viewable rear tailpipe. The old system had stock manifolds, 2.5" pipework and 3" tailpipes connected to the longest silencers ever!!!

Any luck with the pics yet matey? I can put them up if you send me them, if that helps at all?
I was going to place the pictures on yahoo DMC album server and provide a link.

The car is going back to the guy later today to realign the silencers as they have now settled but not quite where they should be. Once I have it back and the rest of the undercarriage looks a little cleaner I will take some pictures. The block looks like it has yellow candy floss on it from the fibres of the polishing pad he has used to polish all the stainless pipework post installation...

Does anyone know what I could use to clean up the engine block that won't leave a sticky residue. I am not a fan of steam cleaning especially where 25 years seals are concerned. Brake fluid gives a great initial finish but someone told me that it is flammable...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Aluminium does not fear brake fluid but paint does...
It will not like DOT3, 4 or 5.1...
DeLoreany yours,

Chris.
#04271.
Bang and the dirt has gone !

[Image: home_logo_center.gif]

(No, I haven't tried this !)
NickT Wrote:Bang and the dirt has gone !

[Image: home_logo_center.gif]

(No, I haven't tried this !)

Works a treat on your bodywork :lol:
Honest try it

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
really?
Yep, ive used it too Nick. Works a treat. Just dont get it on anything metal that isnt stainless, as it make non stainless metals oxidize like mad!
Just rinse very well after use. Smile

I wouldnt make a habbit of cleaning your car with it though. Theres no telling if prolonged use will cause damage.

Bang......and your DeLorean is gooooooooooone! :lol:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
er, sounds like Head and Shoulders aka PAINT STRIPPER!!! Sounds like that is another one of those where the epoxy would say 'keep away from me' if it could moments.

Looking forward to getting the car back tomorrow.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Couldn't find the cleaning product you mentioned in my local Halford's. I don't hink I want to know which kind of shop you would go in to buy it :o

I bought some 'Gunk' instead :? which did a reasonable job Shock . A few more goes with it and everything would look like new (I wish). Why do these products have such 'funky' names???

I cannot find an external picture hosting site. Can I have a few suggestions for the future?

I have provided a link to the folder where twelve images are located:-

http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/ ... rowse/fcfc

A breather pipe not seen in the pictures has allowed for future proofing should I want to convert to EFi. The 21" headers are optimum for power output and the routing through the suspension area works in the pipeworks favour without effecting suspension travel in either direction.

The system is perhaps loader than the old one Big Grin with an expensive overtone on throttle :twisted:

Joy!!
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Very nice!

I see what you mean by the routing, now i understand how you have got it all in ! , great job, looking forward to hearing it too .

Funky numberplate by the way Smile
If you're refering to Cillit Bang Chris, you'll find it in most supermarkets in the household cleaning products isle. Wink
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop